Update ....final appeal

Geeze- it’s been jumping though one hoop after next, doing everything my insurance wants me to. I am in my final external appeal trying to get my surgery when low and behold Jules from Dr. Costantino’s office calls me to tell me that insurance overturned their decision! I was in a little shock and don’t think it sunk in. I was telling him that I just spoke with my advocate a few hours prior- and then the other line beeps in it was my insurance. I told Jules I’d call him back. My advocate confirmed that surgery has been approved! I am so lucky and thankful for the people who had helped this happen. First and foremost Jules at Dr. C office has been by my side holding my hand through all of this. Coaching me and fighting for me. My advocate through insurance has been very understanding and she has said from the beginning that if it was up to her it would be approved. She has been relentless, keeping very accurate notes of everything I’ve done all the doctors I’ve seen, and of all the symptoms I have and problems that I endure every day. I believe that everything happens for a reason, hopefully me fighting with the insurance company will help somebody else down the line who has the same situation. I’m hoping that the insurance company keeps good notes. So my date with Dr Costantino and Dr Tobias is March 8th. Thank you to my eagles family for the support, and the guidance you have given me. Fingers crossed it’ll be clear sailing from here on out.

4 Likes

:partying_face: :partying_face: :partying_face: :partying_face: :partying_face: YIPPEE! YAHOO!! HURRAY!!! FINALLY!!!

:star2: :star2: :star2: :star2: :star2: for self-advocation & doing what it took to get you to the doctor you wanted to see @lilwider! It’s also great that you won’t have to pay out of pocket now & can use the $ for something more fun. March 8 will come before you know it!

1 Like

So surprised that insurance voluntarily overturned the decision without the final external appeal. Grateful and blessed!

1 Like

Oh that’s fantastic news, I’m so pleased for you, well done for not giving up! :pray: :hugs:
Roll on March 8th …

2 Likes