11 Days Post Op

Hang in there, Ear Mom and Brainsurgerynovice. Bsn, you may wish to bring your own discussion to give our members a chance to cheer you up. I hope improvement continues and you feel better soon.

Brain:
give it time, I could not swallow post surgically, I had a feeding tube inserted and spewed from nose, even while swallowing just water. Nerves take a lot of time to heal (my right parotid gland biopsy for Sjogren's took many months for feeling to come back) it takes time to regenerate.

I have heard of hearing loss with MVD surgery (microvascular decompression for hemifacial spasm) there is a website at **Yahoo on HFS (I am blocked from posting as I brought up Lyme in posts which they did not like) yoiu can go there to find out the numbers of people who have lost hearing and/or regained after healing.

Hang in there, it does get better! Make sure you get good nutrition despite swallowing problems, there are shakes of the nutritive type my doc ordered for me post surgery.

Good Luck!
Cat

PS: despite my issues I am going to have the right side down within the next few months. I also have FMD which is issue with arteries. Both of my scar have dissipated considerably (thyroid cancer surgery was down w/first styloid (LEFT side)

**https://groups.yahoo.com/neo/groups/hfs/info

brainsurgey I just wanted to telll you I hope you start to feel better soon and I will be thinking of you and sending positive vibes your way!

Thanks for your positivity everyone. I saw the pain team today and a super nurse who fixed my pain relief with the ward, so feeling much more comfortable, I have walked the length of the corridor and managed some jelly and feel much more at peace.

I'm so glad, bsn. Thanks for the update!