4/10/15 Updated Doctor Lists

Moved this post to God's Blessing's discussion Dentistry and ES

Sorry I posted in the wrong place! Thx for the fix.

What tests did you have too show that the styloid was near the artery??? I had a CT scan with Contrast so would that have shown that?

egyptianqueen37 said:

Please add Dr. John T. Sinacori

EVMS Otolarygology, Head and Neck Surgery 600 Gresham Drive Suite 1100 Norfolk, VA. United States

(757) 388-6200

He is an amazing doctor and he did an excellent job with my surgery. I am 48 hrs post-op and I noticed immediate relief from having the left Styloid process Intraoral excision. I thank God for the miracle, because the tip of the styloid was less than 1/2 inch from my carotid artery and Dr. Sinacori had enough faith and confidence to go in and remove it, I am very grateful!!!

Hi Kelx,

Your Ct scan would show the length, location and calcification of the styloid. If the styloid ligament is elongated and calcified so much that the length/ width are putting pressure on the carotid artery your doctor should be able to see this from ct scan.

Kelx said:

What tests did you have too show that the styloid was near the artery??? I had a CT scan with Contrast so would that have shown that?

egyptianqueen37 said:

Please add Dr. John T. Sinacori

EVMS Otolarygology, Head and Neck Surgery 600 Gresham Drive Suite 1100 Norfolk, VA. United States

(757) 388-6200(757) 388-6200

He is an amazing doctor and he did an excellent job with my surgery. I am 48 hrs post-op and I noticed immediate relief from having the left Styloid process Intraoral excision. I thank God for the miracle, because the tip of the styloid was less than 1/2 inch from my carotid artery and Dr. Sinacori had enough faith and confidence to go in and remove it, I am very grateful!!!

Ok nothing was mentioned too me or on the CT scan so i was just confused how you knew lol but thanks for the reply!

Kelx,

I had vascular Eagles on my right side and I had a CT scan with contrast and apparently no one noticed. The doctor went through part of the CT scan with me slide by slide trying to discourage me from having the surgery and never mentioned it. But luckily I convinced him to do the surgery and after the surgery he told me that my styloid had been compressing the carotid artery and jugular vein. I don't know why he didn't see this beforehand. He was a very experienced ENT surgeon (although no Eagles surgeries) and it was at a very prestigious hospital (Cleveland Clinic).

So I now think that's it's not so important if they see or don't see vascular involvement. The important thing is to get the styloid taken out and then let them know afterward how the vascular symptoms were resolved so that it can be a learning experience for them.

Btw, my vascular symptoms were resolved immediately after the surgery.

What were your symptoms???
I just want to compare with mine thanks

heidemt said:

Kelx,

I had vascular Eagles on my right side and I had a CT scan with contrast and apparently no one noticed. The doctor went through part of the CT scan with me slide by slide trying to discourage me from having the surgery and never mentioned it. But luckily I convinced him to do the surgery and after the surgery he told me that my styloid had been compressing the carotid artery and jugular vein. I don't know why he didn't see this beforehand. He was a very experienced ENT surgeon (although no Eagles surgeries) and it was at a very prestigious hospital (Cleveland Clinic).

So I now think that's it's not so important if they see or don't see vascular involvement. The important thing is to get the styloid taken out and then let them know afterward how the vascular symptoms were resolved so that it can be a learning experience for them.

Btw, my vascular symptoms were resolved immediately after the surgery.

Reply by Kelx 2 hours ago

What were your symptoms???
I just want to compare with mine thanks
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
I had pulsing in my head, severe fatigue and feeling horrible (so that I couldn't work), and bad headaches. I can't remember so much anymore, but I know I had those.

Just as an FYI: Dr. Ragsdale retired over a year ago. He was my doctor who performed my surgery. I am now looking for a new doctor because my symptoms have started over. My surgery was 3 years ago.

Same with dr Ian witterickā€¦ He shouldnā€™t be on there no moreā€¦ Only taking cancer patients

Who's in charge of changing the doctors list????!!! Pls change the Canadian doctors.. Ian witterick only takes cancer patients and Dr. Frank Wong is retired....This is causing me grief and only getting my hopes up trying to find a doctor who can be kind enough to take me under there wing.....So basically no one in Canada does this... :'( why me? :'( :'(

Kelx- everyone on here doing the work are all volunteers- the people organising the doctors list have their own health problems to deal with, and full time work too, so it may take them a few days or more to review the list. You've only just raised this a couple of days ago. Until people make them aware of changes they can't do anything about it- they can't get in touch with every doctor on the list regularly to see if they're still taking patients. Thanks for letting the site know about these two doctors.

Please I would like you add to the doctors list. Dr. Javier MƔiz from Barcelona Spain in the Medical Center Teknon.

http://www.javiermaiz.com/

He was the surgeon that performed my Eagle`s syndrom surgery. I`m a new person ever since.

Thank you

Hi there. You can add Dr. Gregory Artz from Grand Rapids, Michigan to the list. Heā€™s been a great surgeon and communicator throughout my diagnosis and treatment.

Small world. My youngest sister (52) and her family live there.

KristiKay said:

Hi there. You can add Dr. Gregory Artz from Grand Rapids, Michigan to the list. He's been a great surgeon and communicator throughout my diagnosis and treatment.

Thanks everyone for the input. It is very much appreciated. The doctor's list gets updated every 6 months or so and I'm working on it now. It's very tedious because it involves going through every single post on every discussion since the last update and I'm about halfway through it all. Hopefully I'll have a new one posted in a couple weeks.

Looking for a doctor in the Jacksonville FL area. Anybody know of any ? I checked the list posted but didnā€™t see any.

There are 2 in Jacksonville on the current US Doctor List. Click on the HOME tab (above left) then click on the Doctor Information tab then click on the ā€œUpdated Doctor Lists 12/6/16ā€. Youā€™ll find the information there.

Thank you so much!!

You are very welcome!