4/10/15 Updated Doctor Lists

I updated the doctor lists. Here are the most current. Let me know if anyone has any additions/deletions/changes.

I have an excel version with tabs on the bottom for US doctors and other country doctors. I also added pdf versions for those who don't have excel.

Please know that these are NOT "recommended" doctors. Most of the doctors on this list have done a successful surgery on at least one of our forum members, but there are some forum members who also had negative experiences with some of the doctors listed. So this is a good place to start looking, but you have to judge for yourself if you feel a doctor is the right one for you.

A good place to start the process is to read prior posts and learn as much as you can about Eagles and what other members have experienced. That way when you go to see a doctor, you can have a better idea about what kinds of questions to ask. Most doctors haven't had a lot of experience with Eagles, so it really may be that you can learn more about Eagles here than you can from going to someone who has only treated a couple cases.

There are still lots of common misperceptions out there - such as you can only have Eagles on one side, or that you only need the tip of the styloid broken off, or that there is no such thing as vascular Eagles, or that we all will demonstrate the same symptoms. These things aren't true, yet there are still lots of doctors who think they are. In all fairness to doctors, they rarely if ever have seen another Eagles patient and since we all present with varying symptoms, it can be pretty confusing.

126-UnitedStatesEaglesDoctors041015.pdf (39.1 KB) 127-OtherCountriesEaglesDoctors041015.pdf (19.7 KB) 128-EaglesSyndromeDoctors041015.xlsx (23.9 KB)
1 Like

Thank you again for your work!

Thank you heidemt for adding Dr. Scott Newman (Kaiser-Maui) to the list! He is excellent!

Thank you for adding Dr. Miloro out of Chicago, he is such an amazing Dr! He did an internal Styilodectomy on me and remove 4 centimeters! I just sent him an email about 2 weeks ago giving him my 9 month update on my healing process. He was very excited to hear from me and said that he was in the process of publishing a book and that when he was done he was going to send me a copy because it was on me! He is very familiar with ES and has studied on it alot! I can’t wait to see the book!

Wow, Selaness80, that is really cool! Let us know what the book is called when it it's finished. Thanks for the positive story too. I think it's very uplifting to hear about positive results.

This is the most current list.

I tried to get into Miloro but he couldn’t see me during the time frame i was in Chicago

Bumping up so it's easier for new people to see.

Thank you, heidi, I have featured it.

Thank you for putting this list as a tab at the top of the forum page. I just discovered it. Very convenient & easy for anyone to find now. And thank you so much to everyone who has worked on & will continue to update this list. Your work has created a very valuable resource for all ES sufferers who visit this site!!

:)

Madere (dancermom) said:

Thank you, heidi, I have featured it.

That’s a great piece of work. Can I just mention the search box which new members sometimes overlook. Simplest way to see any mention of a doctor you are interested in. Thsnks heidemt for the hard work.

There are 4 or 5 in the Mpls., MN area. When I am feeling better, I will get the names, etc.

I just had it done Monday morning with Dr. Wm. Garvis out of Mpls.

A couple others from here also had him.

http://www.entsc.com/

Tink, thanks for the doctor's name. But I want to point out that most people on here believe (usually from their own experience and from reading the experiences of many many others) that surgery is really the only way to treat eagles successfully. So in compiling the doctor's list, we've tried to only include those doctors who have done at least one successful surgery on at least one of our members. Also, from everything I've read and heard over the years, the doctors who have the most experience with Eagles also believe that surgery is the only effective treatment

There have been a number of people on the forum over last several years who have tried years of pain treatments and I'm not aware of anyone who had a significant case of eagles that was helped in the long run from any non-surgical treatment.

Please keep us posted on your progress. I hope your eagles never gets bad enough that you have to have surgery.


Tink said:

Thank you!

I would also add Dr. Janjua http://www.janjuafacialsurgery.com. He is an ENT in NJ that was the only one that I could find that was willing to treat me. He prefers a non-surgical approach to start, with surgery last resort.

I completely understand. For me, surgery is not currently a viable option due to other medical conditions. I'm not sure if he has done the surgery before. My eagles is getting worse (I think), as symptoms are similar to another condition I have. Trying to determine if the benefits of surgery outweigh the risks.

heidemt said:

Tink, thanks for the doctor's name. But I want to point out that most people on here believe (usually from their own experience and from reading the experiences of many many others) that surgery is really the only way to treat eagles successfully. So in compiling the doctor's list, we've tried to only include those doctors who have done at least one successful surgery on at least one of our members. Also, from everything I've read and heard over the years, the doctors who have the most experience with Eagles also believe that surgery is the only effective treatment

There have been a number of people on the forum over last several years who have tried years of pain treatments and I'm not aware of anyone who had a significant case of eagles that was helped in the long run from any non-surgical treatment.

Please keep us posted on your progress. I hope your eagles never gets bad enough that you have to have surgery.


Tink said:

Thank you!

I would also add Dr. Janjua http://www.janjuafacialsurgery.com. He is an ENT in NJ that was the only one that I could find that was willing to treat me. He prefers a non-surgical approach to start, with surgery last resort.

I had surgery on July 15th by Dr. Geoffrey Young (ENT) at Mayo Clinic in Jacksonville, Fl. He was absolutely fabulous. So far, so good. All symptoms are gone. If possible please add him to the physician list!

That's great news! Did he do external or internal? Do you know if he's done other eagles surgeries? Does he believe in taking out as much as possible or does he just take part out? We'll definitely add him with the next revision, which i think will be relatively soon. Thanks for letting us know!

Brenda said:

I had surgery on July 15th by Dr. Geoffrey Young (ENT) at Mayo Clinic in Jacksonville, Fl. He was absolutely fabulous. So far, so good. All symptoms are gone. If possible please add him to the physician list!


heidemt said:

That's great news! Did he do external or internal? Do you know if he's done other eagles surgeries? Does he believe in taking out as much as possible or does he just take part out? We'll definitely add him with the next revision, which i think will be relatively soon. Thanks for letting us know!

Brenda said:

I had surgery on July 15th by Dr. Geoffrey Young (ENT) at Mayo Clinic in Jacksonville, Fl. He was absolutely fabulous. So far, so good. All symptoms are gone. If possible please add him to the physician list!

He did the internal on me. I believe I may have been the 4th he did in Jacksonville and I believe he said he did approx 3 at Johns Hopkins. He never said he would only take a certain amt so I assume he took as much as he could get.

I'm adding the excel file in the older format for those for those who can't access the newer excel file.

129-EaglesSyndromeDoctors2041015.xls (58.5 KB)

Please add Dr. John T. Sinacori

EVMS Otolarygology, Head and Neck Surgery 600 Gresham Drive Suite 1100 Norfolk, VA. United States

(757) ■■■■■■■■

He is an amazing doctor and he did an excellent job with my surgery. I am 48 hrs post-op and I noticed immediate relief from having the left Styloid process Intraoral excision. I thank God for the miracle, because the tip of the styloid was less than 1/2 inch from my carotid artery and Dr. Sinacori had enough faith and confidence to go in and remove it, I am very grateful!!!

I can't seem to get into the file. Not sure if I see any Docs from MN. Dr. Wm, Garvis out of Mpls., MN.. I thought he was great, and am going to get the right side done in five more weeks.

egyptianqueen37 said:

Please add Dr. John T. Sinacori

EVMS Otolarygology, Head and Neck Surgery 600 Gresham Drive Suite 1100 Norfolk, VA. United States

(757) ■■■■■■■■

He is an amazing doctor and he did an excellent job with my surgery. I am 48 hrs post-op and I noticed immediate relief from having the left Styloid process Intraoral excision. I thank God for the miracle, because the tip of the styloid was less than 1/2 inch from my carotid artery and Dr. Sinacori had enough faith and confidence to go in and remove it, I am very grateful!!!