5 week update pic

I had my five week check up with Dr Hernandez We discuss the healing process since the scar tissue and swelling still there.I let Dr Hernandez know my headache was. Gone and neck shoulder feels better also.Im still having ear ache and face pain which Dr Hernandez remind me I still have the right stloid .I also told Dr Hernandez I still have first bite syndrome and jaw pain sometime after eating .I am happy with my outcome for now #recovery #healing # Eagle syndrome strong

3 Likes

It’s looking good- did Dr Hernandez say you could massage it okay now? So pleased that you’ve seen some symptoms go, hopefully the rest will with time…will you have the other side done later?

1 Like

Hi, I have struggled, with swelling too post op. Now at week 8. It’s finally improving now, but I have found going for electro lymphatic drainage session once a week has really helped this (they’ve normally treat cancer patients with swelling due to lymph nodes removal) but it helps us tvs t

3 Likes

Sorry- typo- helps us guys too. They taught me how to do manual work myself in between too. May be worth trying out. D

@Michael123, your incision is healing nicely, & believe it or not, it will continue to flatten out & disappear as the months pass. I thought mine was going to be an ugly, lumpy thing forever, but it smoothed out & disappeared into my neck crease to the point where it’s basically invisible now. I bet yours will do the same.

It’s so great to hear about the positive changes you’re noticing from surgery. I’m sorry about the FBS. I had that, too, & so did Jules so we commiserate! It is true that symptoms being caused by the remaining styloid can become worse after the first styloid is removed. I definitely had that situation in my experience, but after my second styloid was removed all my worst symptoms gradually disappeared.

Your swelling will gradually go away as your body senses it’s no longer needed. It’s providing a cushion of protection for the area injured by surgery. As that area heals, the fluid recedes & the swelling goes down. It’s just another thing that requires patience in the ES surgery healing process.

1 Like

Ty isaiah I know healing takes time .I

1 Like

I think you’re doing great considering how bad your symptoms were. Take courage! Your body is working hard to get you up & running again. :blush:

2 Likes

Ty Dee. Hope your doing much better Im still in Healing mode lol .

1 Like

Ty jules yes i can do a gentle massage yes I would have the right side done if my syntoms do not clear up all the way . Even tho the recovery not fun .

2 Likes

Ty, eating is a challage and the ear pain but we do recover

3 Likes