6days post surgery, I am ok

Hello all, tired , sore, yet oh soooo relieved my second styloidectomy is over.
Had my left side done 9 months ago, right side just done last week.
So eating mush for a few weeks. So worth it.

HOORAY!! So glad you’re done & mending. Hoping you feel MUCH BETTER quickly. Take care of yourself & let your family pamper you for a couple of weeks so you get a good start on healing.

Thank you for touching base.

:blush::tulip:

2 Likes

Hope that you heal quickly & soon feel the benefit of the surgery! Thinking of you… :bouquet: :hugs:

2 Likes

Thanks so much.
I had my surgeon take a picture of this one as well as my last one. I am looking forward to seeing it.
My pain seems to be centred around my jaw joint right now. My mouth opening is very limited.

All this is hopes to jump through before the finish line.

I had a similar problem w/ my jaw after my first surgery. You will mend. I have full range of jaw motion again. It did take awhile after surgery though - 2-3 months as I recall. You’ll get there!
:blush:

1 Like

Speedy healing to you. I will be having my right side done in 2 weeks (extraoral). I’ve decided to do everything I can to boost my immune system & facilitate the healing of tissues, nerves & muscles by scheduling IV nutrient treatments w/ my naturopathic doctor, acupuncture, trigger point injections, massage and physiotherapy. The last surgery I had I got the flu shortly after, then rhabdomyolysis then Epstein Barr infection then Hashimoto’s thyroiditis… I don’t want a repeat of that, lol!

1 Like

Hope that soon improves- I couldn’t open my mouth very wide at all after the first surgery; it lasted a week or 2, but didn’t have it with the second surgery. Funny that they can be so different…

2 Likes

Hope that you don’t have a repeat of all that! Will be praying for you!

1 Like

Thanks for the well wishes.
Both of my styloidectomies were external. I have vascular Eagle syndrome.
I am interested in some of your immune bustering regiments.
Good luck with your up coming surgery.

1 Like

WOW! Sounds like your body really didn’t like having that last surgery. Hope you’re recovered from all those things & good for you for thinking ahead this time. So glad your surgery is soon! I’ll pray for good health & an uneventful recovery from this surgery!

1 Like

Thank you so much Isaiah_40_31
It was not a fun experience. I knew that going under anesthesia could adversely affect the immune system but wasn’t prepared for mine to tank the way it did. The Hashimoto’s became out of control and I’m now just rising above it 4 years later. Thank you so much for your prayers. I’ve learned that prayer is such a powerful and comforting action since I’ve been in this valley. Through prayer, I’ve discovered my God has been walking with me through this the whole time!

Yes He has (been w/ you). Once we are His, He promises never to leave us.

:heart:

1 Like

Good to hear, my surgery is on April 10. Was yours oral?

I assume your question was posted for Emery, but I’m answering anyway, I had bilateral external surgery.
:blush:

1 Like

I will answer also.
My surgeries were external as well. Both sides were vascular.

Isaiah_40_31, Amen! So fortunate and blessed that He loves me & calls me by name!

And knows the number of hairs on your head!!

1 Like

And despite the pain from ES that fills me with so much joy!!!

It was my faith that gave me peace as I faced ES surgery. I knew it was in Greater Hands than my surgeon’s.

:slight_smile:

1 Like

I’m praying for you as you count down to your surgery date! Trusting God for the best possible results for you.

1 Like