Anybody have nerve issues in arm and hands with ES?

Dr Samji diagnosed me with ES, my bones are twice as long as they should be. Acupuncture has helped with the pain, trying to do other things besides surgery to help with the pain. I have twinges of my nerves in both hands, the thumb and first finger. Was rare before but lately it's been constant. Is this a symptom of ES? Sometimes it makes me drop what I am holding. I sent Dr Samji an email asking what he thought.. Thanks!

I had pain in my arms and hands. Surgery worked wonders for me. Dr. Samji would be the right guy to go to.

In the meantime, I recommend eating 20 popsicles per night. I read that tip on this site and it was the only way I could sleep at night.

Did you have nerve twinges or just pain? I don't have any pain, my nerves just twitch off and on. Wow, 20 popsicles? What does that do? I have not seen that on this site...

I did have very rare twinges, but it was mostly pain. The popsicles would numb the area and they must have also reduced swelling or something, because the effect would last for up to 3-4 hours (enough time to get me to sleep each night).

The popsicles would actually take the pain away, almost completely, but only while eating them and then after for a few hours (but only if I ate tons). I think had it been possibly to eat popsicles nonstop the whole time I waited for surgery, I wouldn't have experienced so much pain. Unfortunately, you can only eat so many popsicles.

tdunc said:

Did you have nerve twinges or just pain? I don't have any pain, my nerves just twitch off and on. Wow, 20 popsicles? What does that do? I have not seen that on this site...

Oh, ice cream works great, too, for those of you who need the calories. I didn't.

eagleheart said:

The popsicles would actually take the pain away, almost completely, but only while eating them and then after for a few hours (but only if I ate tons). I think had it been possibly to eat popsicles nonstop the whole time I waited for surgery, I wouldn't have experienced so much pain. Unfortunately, you can only eat so many popsicles.

tdunc said:

I don’t have pain, but I do have feeling like my hands,fingers,feet and toes want to cramp up.

That sounds pretty awful too, Nani.

Also my ear sometimes feel like it's on fire inside, really hot. Anybody have that?

I kw ugh, I try to deal with eagleheart,when I used feel the numb feeling in feet, toes,fingers and hands, I went to the acupuncturist and it did help,I’m gonna try to go back to see if it helps with this crimping feeling,sometimes my right toes does cramp ouch,I let ya know if it work,rt now money is tight cause I’m dealing with TMJ also,so is not east in the pocket, but I’m hanging in there,until I get the surgery,don’t kw when,but send my report to Dr Samji,let see what he says :slight_smile: