Chiropractic treatments?

I am wondering if anyone has sought Chiropractic care throughout the array of options out there? I have and sometimes the adjustments can aggrevate my symptoms. Other times it seems to help. Somehow it depends on what or how they do the adjustments. One Chiropractor said “All that pain is not coming from your styloid”. Another words there must be other factors involved. My primary pain source is the back of right tongue exhibiting burning and radiating from there.

I avoid chiropractors, but I do sometimes get massages. However, I usually don't allow them close to the area of my styloid. Massages can alleviate some stress and inflammation and possibly help reduce the pain. Touching the area of the styloid can actually break it. The styloid is elongated from calcification and pressure can break it and then cause more trouble. (From my ENT who had ES, "Do NOT put pressure on the styloid" ) I could feel mine in my throat which is why he diagnosed easily.

Hi Linda,

I use to do it and it made all my issues worse over time and it only last a day or two. The last time I went was probably 2 years or more. The muscles are the real issue when things are out of whack. I have had my spine pop from the muscles loosing up doing a massage. I get 2 hour massages every 3-4 weeks when $$$ permits. And yes they need to stay away from the styloid. My guy is amazing even though I am his first and only client with ES.

If you want to try a chiropractor I would try to find a light force chiropractor. They are hard to find. They work the muscles to get things back in alignment vs force. My massage therapist goes to a light force chiropractor and I may give it a try in the future but not any time soon.

BigsBug,

Thank you for your response as I have sought their help now and then and have found it quit painful at times. I appreciate your input and will stay with my massage therapist who does myofacial release. She is excellent and very sensitive.

Linda

BigsBug said:

Hi Linda,

I use to do it and it made all my issues worse over time and it only last a day or two. The last time I went was probably 2 years or more. The muscles are the real issue when things are out of whack. I have had my spine pop from the muscles loosing up doing a massage. I get 2 hour massages every 3-4 weeks when $$$ permits. And yes they need to stay away from the styloid. My guy is amazing even though I am his first and only client with ES.

If you want to try a chiropractor I would try to find a light force chiropractor. They are hard to find. They work the muscles to get things back in alignment vs force. My massage therapist goes to a light force chiropractor and I may give it a try in the future but not any time soon.