Doctor in North Carolina

Hello, I am new here and was just diagnosed with ES after 17 years of pain. Has anyone had surgery done in North Carolina and if so any info on doctors available in the state?

Hi Atw0222!

Welcome to our fantastic forum!! You’ve come to the right place & asked the right question! Dr. Hackman in Charlotte has done ES surgery for a number of our members, & there are several who are slated to have surgery w/ him in Sept. If you click on the magnifying glass icon (above right) & type his name in the search box & hit return, posts by members who mention him will come up.

Here is his contact info: Dr. Trevor Hackman, UNC Ear, Nose and Throat Oncology Clinic – in the N.C. Cancer Hospital, 101 Manning Drive, Chapel Hill, NC 27514, (984) 974-6484

Thank you. I have booked an appointment with him but I cannot get in until late October. I also have an appointment next week with Dr. James D. Browne at Wake Forest in Winston-Salem as I was referred to him. Has anyone seen Dr. Browne for ES?

Hey there, I am booking an appointment with Dr. Hackman in North Carolina. I’ve been trying to stay away from the EMTs due to the inter-oral surgery. Do you happen to know if he does external? And I will check as well when I get a quick moment.

Hi Leah. Yes he does external. He did external on my right side.

I don’t know your situation but I would get a CT scan plus a MRI just to be sure. I went in with TMJ pain and I feel that maybe I didn’t even need the ES surgery after all. I ended up having TMJ surgery after I got a MRI 6 months post ES surgery.

He does amazing work though. I would just get all the necessary scans you can though just to rule everything out.

Best of luck to you. Also if he can’t get you in for awhile ask to be out on his cancelation list.

1 Like