Dr. Annino, requested scans

Hi! Can anyone share what scans Dr. Annino wants or requests?

Thanks!

He will for sure want a CT scan of the area from skull base to hyoid bone bilaterally. I’m not sure if he cares whether it’s without or with contrast.

1 Like

Hi, thank you. Did you see him? Does he ask for vascular testing if I present with the symptoms? I have a feeling he just does surgery and addresses what he finds when he goes in? Re: vascular issues? I say this bc a few of his patients have send he didn’t check that beforehand. I’d like to get onto from some NRI’s (MRV/MRA and 3D Fiesta) so I can learn what might be cinched. Right now I’m sitting down to make my cervical CT and cone beam 3D on radiant.

1 Like

Most doctors don’t do vascular testing unless symptoms suggest there is a problem in that regard. If you have vascular symptoms, you can ask Dr. Annino about further testing or request your PCP or local ENT doctor to refer you for a CTA/MRV & dynamic ultrasound of your IJVs/ICAs.

He does not do any additional testing. He also does not have a vascular surgeon on hand during surgery or test the flow capacity after surgery is done. He definitely is not as thorough as other surgeons and not as experienced with vascular.

1 Like

@Brandy & @Thans - Dr. Annino doesn’t deal with vascular ES. I’m sorry if that wasn’t made clear. He has turned away at least one or two of our members who clearly had vascular ES as he recognized he didn’t have the surgical skill to help them. This explains why he doesn’t refer for additional testing. He has helped many of our members have non-vascular ES though & is highly respected on our forum.

1 Like

Yes, I am well aware. That is why I decided against him. I am sure he is a great surgeon for traditional ES but not for vascular outflow obstruction.

2 Likes

I connected with dr annino’s NP., Lynn. I also connected with some of his patients I met through the FB group. He has dine vascular surgeries successfully. He also has a team working with him in the hospital. He did suggest a dynamic MRV/MRA through the portal today for my case.

3 Likes

I think some info we have is outdated. Even the dr list. I messaged about it but hasn’t been charged yet. The New Jersey ones are wrong and need to be removed.

1 Like

Thank you, @Thans. Good news about Dr. Annino & the vascular ES surgeries. No one on this forum has seen him for that type of surgery & what I wrote previously about him turning away patients w/ vascular ES is correct info for this forum. I’m glad to know some FB members have had a different experience.

I thought I’d edited the NJ doctor info. so I’m sorry for the oversight. Will do it now.

3 Likes

You are correct on the vascular. He also does not have a vascular surgeon or a neurosurgeon working with him during surgery as I specifically asked this. He admitted to me he doesn’t have much experience in this field and his approach was night and day with what Costantino and Hep would do. Again, I’m sure he’s quite good at traditional ES surgery. Vascular is much different.

1 Like

Hi, thanks. No problem. I think I sent the message to Jules. Those in NJ aren’t taking Eagles patients. Never did surgery and just knew a little about it.

Re: Dr. C, I have compassion for people struggling. I knew there was an irritated state about him when I saw him. I recorded the session, it’s clear as day. That is separate from what I’m going to say next.

It isn’t excusable that there STILL isn’t someone who is calling his patients who are ill and waiting. Without this forum I would still be wondering / waiting.

Some of what’s occurring is medical malpractice. It’s one thing for me to not be able to submit a bill to ins in the window I had. It’s another thing that over 3 weeks later there’s no visit note in my chart. And yet another thing that my scans were never requested by the doctor. And finally that my calls and e-mails went unanswered. BUT, there should be no people prepping for surgery that are still unaware that the doctors office isn’t up and running. I don’t say this in anger; I say this because I know how this should’ve and could’ve been addressed. All systems failed there.

My .02

Woops I think the dr c comment I put in the wrong thread, I shouldn’t be using the forum from my phone.

1 Like

Hi Brandy,
Can you please tell me when you saw him? When did he say this?
Thanks

Hi! So, folks are recommending Trevor Hackman. But he also says he doesn’t do vascular.

Who is left? Drs Cognetti, and Hepworth? These folks have very long waits.

Last saw him in Spring and communicated after through portal.

Hepworth is not accepting new patients. Fargen and Costantino are very good options. I know of someone who just had surgery with Costantino (vascular) within the last 2 months and he is doing very well.

So only Fargen is left. Ok I’ll look him up. Dr. C as I amd others have been posting about, is out of commission. I wouldnt set foot back in that office. Ty

2 Likes

He’s having or just had surgery and his right hand gal just had a baby. Drs, like us, get sick too.

1 Like

Hi, uhh, no that’s not all of it. You can read my posts, or search under his name. He’s taken a leave. So far they are saying he’ll be back in December. Super sad, he also lost his admin and I just learned someone else from the office left besides that (alma and Claudia were the replacements for the first two women).

1 Like