Hello everyone I’m new here IJV Eagles

Y’all ever get nausea with your Eagles? I have a constant mild nausea/uneasy feeling.

Vagus nerve irritation can cause that, but a few of our members have been diagnosed with SIBO. Not sure if that’s as a result of ES stress on the body or some other cause.

1 Like

Gotcha, has anyone on here had problems with blood clots forming in their IJV because of the stenosis. Or any other stenosis of their IJV besides around the styloid?

I pointed out a weird dark area near/in my IJV I can’t tell if it’s artifact, clot, or something else compressing it. And I also have a little stenosis on my right lower side of my IJV. If anyone has any info or opinions don’t be scared to let me know. :blush:

That is really low, Caleb. Is there any note in your radiology report about the lower stenosis? Any possibility the IJV narrows in that area as a matter of course? The dark area looks like a shadow to me, but best to ask a doctor about it. Shadows shouldn’t show up in CT scans. :face_with_monocle:

1 Like

Nothing on the report about the stenosis, also I think the dark spot is some kind of artifact

I’m debating on going and getting a c1 adjustment. Dr Hauser said it would be ok if it was low velocity and specific to move the c1 back on the left side. But I’m still nervous to get it done. But the past few days I have felt truly awful :disappointed: . The laaat time I felt like this was before I started getting c1 adjustments

Is Dr. Hauser the one doing your adjustments? If so, and it’s really gentle, I guess it’s worth a try. In general we don’t recommend neck adjustments until ES has been take care of surgically, & even after that, the high velocity version is NOT recommended ever again. That said, I had my neck adjusted throughout my ES journey as I never thought about the consequences. Sometimes it helped me & others not as much. Now I am more careful.

1 Like

No it’s a Chiropractor I have locally, but he is up to date with everything going on with me. He has seen all my imaging. But like you said there is a possibility of making everything worse. I just feel like I’m stuck in the mud right now. I feel bad and I’m just waiting now on my appointments. Just another hurry up and wait thing. Don’t mean to be a Debbie downer :sweat_smile: , just a tough day for me. I hope you are doing good @Isaiah_40_31

We’re here for all occasions, Caleb - the hard days & the good days. No need to apologize. You’re in a tough situation & the waiting for appointments must feel excruciating on days like today. If you have a lot of neck tension, that can increase symptoms as tight muscles put pressure on the already stressed internal structures. You can do some gentle exercises to help your neck relax. Jules has mentioned some she did while waiting for surgery.

I will suggest some that have helped me BUT please stop immediately if symptoms or pain flare. Lying supine - gently rotate your head left to right several times, then gently press the back of your head into the floor (hopefully you have carpet - a hard floor is too extreme). Hold for a slow count of 5 then release. This will activate your neck extensors slightly. Try to also activate the neck flexors by “lifting your head” off the floor w/o actually lifting it. Hold for a slow count of 5 then release. When doing this imagine you’re holding a tangerine under your chin to help keep your head in a neutral position (i.e. no chin to the ceiling but more parallel w/ your body). You can repeat these exercises several times as long as there is no pain.

1 Like

Thank you for the tips. I am very bad about tensing my neck without even realizing it. It’s helps me to kinda lie down and focus on relaxing my neck and shoulders. I bet some of the problems I have is from that and the anxiety. Has anyone here had results with any ssri medication or anything similar? And also with intracranial hypertension am I suppose to limit salt or vitamin a intake? I know our reason for the intracranial hypertension is different than most but I wasn’t sure?

Here’s a research paper one of our members wrote & posted, you might find interesting re chiropractors (or show to yours):
Doctor info and research article - General / Research Papers - Living with Eagle
Very gentle chin tucks when laying down does help with muscle tension in the neck; I did these before surgery when my compression was quite bad, but our styloids all grow at slightly different angles so it might not help your symptoms…Shoulder shrugs can help release tight traps too.
I don’t know about salt or vitamins for IH, I was never given any advice with that.

1 Like

I will read that when I get a chance that looks interesting. My vertigo has kicked back up and I feel like I’m being pulled forward and to the side right now unless I lay down. This stuff is for the birds.

Humor me right quick. Do you think I could move my neck in a way to cause constant Arterial problems when my styloid is like this?

Looking down with your head turned right?

yeah idk i was just wondering if it could hook the Carotid and pull it idk :sweat_smile:

I think very very unlikely, as there are more structures in the neck like muscles holding everything much tighter and more isolated than it looks on the ct visualization.
Also, arteries are quite strong. You can imagine that just by normally using the neck, they are quite under stress of bending, twisting, moving up and down and sideways, squashing and so on.
Though I’m not a doctor, so I might be wrong. But afaik only very few cases were described in literature where styloids cause artery dissection.

3 Likes

Have you seen anything about scalene or neck muscle problems? I get great benefit from relaxing my right shoulder/neck area. And when I palpate that area I find My muscles are super tight and I have a few areas that feel like like a Guitar string it is so tight. I wonder if that could have been the reason that kicked off my symptoms when I was doing pull ups. You can see I have stenosis on the right side near the area of a lot of muscles.

Exercise often causes symptoms to ramp up but you pose an interesting theory as to why you have that lower jugular compression. Yes, tight muscles can cause vascular & nerve compression & the resulting symptoms. I had to stop doing hard aerobic/anaerobic exercise when I had ES because my BP would drop very low, my heart would race to make up for the O2 deficit, & I’d feel like I was going to pass out. It was pretty scary.

Have you heard of anyone having tightness in their scalp, or face. Almost like you have a swimming cap on?