Hi does eagles affect the trigeminal nerve and all its branches?

Hi
Sorry for all the questions. Does eagles affect tge trigeminal nerve and all its branches? Many thanks

2 Likes

Absolutely!! I had face, teeth, nose, ear, headache, & eye pain from mine. There are little branches into the scalp & ears as well, & a few members have had scalp pain. The picture below shows the basic branches but there are even some temdrils into the ears & scalp which aren’t shown,as I mentioned.

2 Likes

For me, there was a direct correlation between my facial pain and my styloids. Either it was directly compressing some branches of my TN or the build up of CSF pressure was compressing my cranial nerves.

I don’t believe the styloids can directly affect the TN because the TN ganglion is too high, but it can affect it’s branches exiting the neck.

I’m sure there’s someone here who has a more in depth understanding of how eagles can affect the TN.

2 Likes

The nerve does exit the skull base:

The trigeminal nerve is located within the cranial cavity, specifically within the middle cranial fossa of the skull. It exits the skull through the foramen ovale, a large opening located in the base of the skull. Here’s a diagram showing the skull base , styloid process & openings:

The facial nerve is also close, is often affected too & that has a similar path way to the Trigeminal nerve…

5 Likes

I love this image! I haven’s seen it before with the overlay like that.

2 Likes

Interesting to see how close to the styloid processes, the TN exits the skull!

2 Likes
3 Likes

I watched that one when you posted it but had forgotten about it. Thx for the reminder, @vdm!

1 Like

Sorry @vdm I forgot about your brilliant resources :woman_facepalming:

1 Like

Oh, it’s just an extended version of the information in the images above :laughing:

1 Like