Hours after operation

I am glad things are looking up for you after this surgery. I was quite surprised to see where the incision was placed. My styloid is much further forward under my jaw and close to my trachea. Interesting.

My incisions are lower on my neck - more in the area you’re describing, bkerea66. I suspect where the incisions are made is more dependent on the surgeon’s technique than on where the styloid is. The key is being able to reach the skull base through the opening so the styloids can be cut off as close to there as possible.

did you feel that area was a little bumped up before the surgery? Can you share a before pic because i feel mine that area is a little bumped up, no one else can tell that only if i stretch my neck and pay close attention to it i can feel a bony protuberence there

I don’t have a before picture but I can tell you I could feel my left styloid under my jaw just anterior to the curve of the jawbone as it descends from the jaw joint. I couldn’t feel it in my neck. Whether it can be felt externally or not depends on the angle in which it’s growing. Some styloids/s-h ligaments are very deep in the neck while others grow more toward the surface. It is possible you can feel it in your neck.

no no i dont feel it in the neck, my bad. What i meant was if i look towards the ceiling it is easier to feel it. Just one more thing, what area of ct is to be done, ct of mandible or mastoid process ?

Just ask for a CT of your head & neck, that seems to be what’s usually done in the US & UK, covers everything then.

thanks Jules !