I'm back - surgery with Dr Axon

Hi Dontgiveup

I know it is easier said than done when people say do not give up particularly when the blood supply to the brain is somewhat impaired. I do suffer so many symptoms that at times, I thought I had neurodegenerative disease like AD, Parkisons, etc. I even thought I had deadly metabolic disease like MELAS since that cause hearing loss, cognitive decline and muscle issues but knowing that Jugular Compression can induce many symptoms and mimic other diseases, It gives me comfort knowing that it has remedy compared to the other awful diseases out there so while it is giving you a hard time, you need to focus how you can mitigate some of these symptoms while waiting for your tests/medical procedures. Focus on things that lower pressure in the head, Anxiety and Depression (Vagus toning), Muscle relaxing techniques and cognitive improvement activities.

I know other folks have spoken or posted articles on how to mitigate the symptoms and there may be an overlap to what I have found to be somewhat effective in this terrible disease. Without these little things, I would not be functioning by now. so let me list what I found to be effective.

1 - Aerobic Exercise
I know many of you do not have either energy or get dizzy if you try to exercise due to temporary increase of intercranial pressure, but getting any activity that raises your heart rate enough is beneficial for the brain to get oxygen rich blood and there are many studies showing how aerobic exercise increase neuroplasticity and induces calming effect. Since IJVS induces intercranial hypertension old, deoxygenated blood tend to stay in the brain for long time so exercise forces fresh oxygenated blood and forces the old blood out while boasting endorphins and sleep. While it can briefly increase intercranial pressure, after 2 hours of the exercise, you will feel clear headed and calmness.

2 - Sauna
The brain and cardiovascular benefit of Sauna is amazing particularly for those that can’t exercise, since Sauna heat increases heart rate, it mimics exercise and induces all the benefits that you get from exercising while sitting and sweating. It is also good for our condition since it acts as diuretics as it increasing sweating. Finish study found that 4 - 7 times a week Sauna use reduces risks of all dementia by 66% (Frequent sauna bathing may protect men against dementia, Finnish study suggests -- ScienceDaily). No other intervention known today has that can kind of protective effect. It also reduces anxiety and depression.
I get that after an hour of the Sauna

3 - MAGNESIUM L-THREONATE

This type of magnesium helped me sleep and improve mood and cognitive function. Developed by MIT, It is the only magnesium known to cross the brain blood barrier ( Enhancement of Learning and Memory by Elevating Brain Magnesium). Also improves anxiety and phobias (Effects of Elevation of Brain Magnesium on Fear Conditioning, Fear Extinction). look for the Magtein brand which was tested on animals and proven to be effective.

4 - Soft Collar Neck Brace.

This helps me with head pressure and facial numbness and muscle stiffness around the neck and face. I wear it all day at work since I sit in front of computers all day, this makes sure my neck stability and have seen huge improvements in terms of facial numbness, head pressure. Basically helps prevent to further collapse the Jugular Vein by keeping the neck straight. I use Velpeau Neck Brace which is compfortable to wear for long time.

4 Likes