List of my favourite resources on YouTube to learn anatomy

Radiology - reading CTA:

3 Likes

There sure is a lot going on in the image cross sections! So interesting!!

Library of medical books. More than I anticipated.

https://doctorlib.info

E.g. Muscles of the head - Atlas of Anatomy. Head and Neuroanatomy. Michael Schuenke

2 Likes

There’s an impressively comprehensive list of medical topics on that site! The link you posted for muscles of the head is fascinating.

Here’s a fun fact - it takes more muscles to frown than to smile. Therefore smiling is less work!! :grin:

Thx for another useful & helpful link, @vdm!!

1 Like

Okay, so just a few minutes ago a new episode came out and…

I don’t want to spoil your YouTube binging session, but I think the PT is onto something I have been trying to speculate for quite a long time.

Neck pain might be caused by stiff scalene/SCM muscles. These muscles (and others) might be contributing to loss of cervical lordosis.

What the PT states, the SCM/Scalenes might be stiff as they are overworked because of improper breathing where diaphragm is underused and rib-cage breathing is overused.

And obviously, stiff SCM and scalenes may impact IJVs and, I would say not impossible, to some extent either directly or indirectly, arterial inflow too.

And ah, the breathing is related to our posture and habits.

4 Likes

Links to the topics with my hand-picked collection of 3D scapula/shoulder/arm movement animations.

They are from

4 Likes

A very popular anatomy learning channel

2 Likes

It’s all about the layers on layers on layers of back muscles. No wonder they can make the whole back, ribcage, shoulders and neck stiff.

backmuscles

A few more in-depth lectures:

2 Likes

You find the most amazing videos about the body! Thank you for posting this one! It goes beyond “a picture is worth a thousand words”!

Now, can you name all those muscles?! :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

2 Likes

He probably can! :+1:

2 Likes

Jaw/hyoid movement.

jaw-hyoid

1 Like

Another AMAZING video!! Thank you!

Scapula mobility:

2 Likes

There’s so much good information out there. Thank you for filtering some of the best stuff out and sharing it with us, @vdm!

1 Like

E.g.

2 Likes

Some more bits of PT:

1 Like

Posture and body mechanics, lower body:

1 Like

Interesting intro to radiology, if you have a spare hour:

1 Like

This channel has a series of short videos on how to perform self-release on various muscles.

Content quality is OKish, but easy to navigate and follow.

E.g.

2 Likes

Neck muscles in detail:

https://pressbooks.bccampus.ca/advancedanatomy1sted/chapter/muscles/

2 Likes