Mayo Clinic Rochester said no surgeon there can do surgery for this

I had gone to the Mayo Clinic before years ago when I was trying to figure out what was wrong with me, they missed it. So I had surgery at University of MN in June, partial only 1.2cm removed. It has not helped, and they want to do the other side, just get the part out that is sticking into my throat. So I sent surgery record and advisement to do other side from U of M hoping Mayo would do a more thorough job. I waited over a month, first it sat with ENT division for a week, then they sent it to neurology where it sat for weeks! I called multiple times, they kept stalling me, finally today they told me they wont do it as have no surgeon that will do it. I said so you are telling me that the University of MN can do something you can't? She said yes. Unreal, so much for the great Mayo clinic, dont waste your time with them!

Isn't it strange how some of the first class places don't do Eagles surgeries? It's so crazy.

Yes it is, its like its beneath them! So what do they do when one of their famous or wealthy patients develops it, or one of own staff? Send them somewhere else? I guess so

crmfghtr said:

Yes it is, its like its beneath them! So what do they do when one of their famous or wealthy patients develops it, or one of own staff? Send them somewhere else? I guess so

Maybe it's cuz there's no money in it. Many yrs. ago, I went back and forth to Mayo dealing w/my ENS (empty nose syndrome). At first they were doing a study, then just like, the doc picks up and moves out east. No one bothers there w/this horrible syndrome at the great Mayo.

Is the U of M, Fairview?? I had weight loss surgery there. Im an hour and a half south of Rochester. I'm going to be seeing a doctor in Wisc.

Where in WI and what is the Doc's name? Thanks.

Lisa said:

Is the U of M, Fairview?? I had weight loss surgery there. Im an hour and a half south of Rochester. I'm going to be seeing a doctor in Wisc.

Yea thts Faur iew. I saw Defatta in Wisconain a coup,e of weeks ago. He does full removals. He wanted more of my records and see him again next month.

Fairview, typo

Yes, Defatta is whom I have an appt with...in Black River Falls WI

Do you know if he has done a lot of these with good success? xo