Medicine

Has any one tried nerouton for nervs to see if that helps?

I've tried Lyrica which is similar and it did nothing but make me feel loopy but didn't touch the pain. The only thing that has helped is a beta blocker called Bystolic and Klonopin at night to help me sleep. I'm on predisone now for 2 weeks then on to Celebrex for 2 more wks. If that doesn't help- surgery.

I'm taking amitriptyline, which works at low doses for nerve pain. It has helped a lot; I can get some sleep now, before I didn't get much. Some days I still get the neuralgia pain/ constant toothache, but on the whole it's helped.

I just recently tried nerouton/gabapentin and it did help my nerve pain in my throat and ears. However, the side effects were so bad I had to stop taking it. Side effects were limb twitching, chest pain, sweats, anxiety, numb arms and tingling and chest tightness. I felt like I was falling apart.

yes i herd side effects were horrible i was perscribed this two and half years ago for my neropthy in my feet but refused to take it because of the side effects i just want to swallow again.

Christian22 said:

I just recently tried nerouton/gabapentin and it did help my nerve pain in my throat and ears. However, the side effects were so bad I had to stop taking it. Side effects were limb twitching, chest pain, sweats, anxiety, numb arms and tingling and chest tightness. I felt like I was falling apart.

Tried neurontin. It did NOTHING. Now on Tegretol and it has saved my life!! I noticed relief within HOURS of my first dose (4 mos ago). I recently had to increase the dose and still have occasional flare ups but I'm pretty sure I can't live without this stuff.