Nuerontin

I have been on Hydro-codone (aka, vicodin, Norco, lortab) for a period of 5 years on a dose of 7.5mg/325 three times a day. I haven't increased my dose in 4 years since I was first put on just two pills which never gave me any sense of all day relief.

3 months ago my gp gave me 100mg of Neurontin 3 times daily, I was wondering if there is anyone here on nuerontin aka gabapentin and if it helps. I find it hard to tell whether or not it is helping me as I am of course on opiate meds that treat pain very effectively despite my growing tolerance to them. From what I understand I am on a very low dose of Neurontin, and was thinking about requesting that my doctor put me on 200mg 3 times a day to see if it is helpful. Is there anyone here taking the same combination of prescribed meds, I.E. an opiate for pain and Neurontin, or even just Neurontin that could perhaps share whether or not it has been helpful for them. Much thanks,
Nick

For a period of 6 to 8 months,give or take, I was medicated with a combo of Lyrica and tegretol, both for nerve related pain, the tegretol is similar to neurontin. Anyways, in my experience it took a period of 6 to 8 weeks for maximum effect and for me it took away some of the burning pain in my tonsil area but not completely. In the end I stopped because of the severe side effects and brain fog. Was it worth it? It gave me some relief which made my condition more tolerable but once again only masked the pain. Would I try it again? Yes if the pain becomes to much to take and the side effects out way my tolerance to pain. Like all pharmaceuticals, each person finds releif with different things and side effects take a different courseā€¦ Good luck! :slight_smile: