Newbie here, can someone take a look at my scans?

I finally got my CT images with contrast back- report says no indication of Eagles. My symptoms match exactly though. Can someone with more experience look at my images and tell me if you can see anything abnormal? I am feeling very defeated and like I am back at square 1 trying to figure out what’s causing my throat to click when I swallow and the shooting nerve pain in my face :sob: I am going to try and download the program that lets you make 3-D images in a little bit. I really don’t believe everything is just “normal.” I know I can’t get diagnosed on here, but I’d really appreciate the feedback.

1 Like

Hey there! Welcome here. Totally feel you, sorry to hear you haven’t found what’s causing your issues yet. Never give up though, its all part of the puzzle figuring out what’s causing your problems. If you can upload the scan to wetransfer, I can download it and take a look at it in 3D.

3 Likes

Thank you!! I will do that at some point today and get back to you.

1 Like

I’m not the best at reading images, but in the 3rd one you’ve posted, you can see the styloid process on the left side I think, it looks longer than average…can’t see it in the first image though. Hopefully others with more experience can see, & I agree that your symptoms do match common ES ones!
Some members have had their scans re-read to check the length of the styloids, width & angle, and to see if there’s any calcification on the stylo-hyoid ligaments, as sometimes doctors/ radiologists don’t understand ES & what they’re looking for. The ‘average’ length of styloids which doctors use varies from 1.5cms-4cms! In a short person a 4cm styloid would be pretty long!

2 Likes

Thank you for the advice Jules! I will see if I can send them back and have them re-read with measurements!

I feel like I can only see the calcification of the S-H ligaments as little white dots. I can’t see them near my hyoid which would explain the clicking. That’s by far my worst symptom!! I feel like I could deal with the pain and the head pressure if I could get this dang click to stop!!

We’ve had a few members with clicking, as you mention it does often seem to be caused by either calcified ligaments at the hyoid end, or elongated hyoid processes, I can’t see enough of yours to comment…

1 Like

I’ve just realised that all your personal info was visible on the scan images, so I’ve deleted them to protect your privacy…I don’t know if you’re able to edit them to remove the info & repost them?

2 Likes

Oh thanks for catching that!! Yes I will do that. It would probably be best to upload the 3D images when I can download the software. Talk to you guys then!

1 Like

I missed the images so can’t offer an opinion, but look forward to seeing the 3D images when you post them. @a_catindisguise, I can’t remember if I mentioned to you that RadiAnt Viewer (https://www.radiantviewer.com) for PC & Bee Dicom Viewer App (‎Bee DICOM Viewer on the Mac App Store) for Mac have both been highly recommended by our members for making CT scans into 3D images.

3 Likes