Pain

I am having the same pain. Its been horrible!!! I was doing fine then all of a sudden it hit with a vengeance and I've read the previous comments and it just could be the cold because the day it got really cold here is when it started back up. And yes, the tongue pain is unbelievable. The doctors are telling me its my TMJ acting up. Its unbearable. Feels like I'm losing my mind. The narcotics are too strong for me&does nothing for the pain and OTC isn't strong enough.

I just went to my ENT, but was only able to see the nurse practitioner. She said I have a yeast infection on my tongue and my ear, neck and face pain and numbness is due to cervical spine issues. So, I guess it's off to yet another MD!!! So tired of DRS!!!!!!

I can't thank you enough for telling me about Ernest Syndrome. In researching it, I found Barre-Lieou Syndrome, which sounds exactly like me!!! There is sooooo much our physicians don't know. It's exhausting having to do our own research, but usually pays off in the end. Thank you, Thank you, Thank you!!!

wadams said:

Barthoj
Plz check out ernest syndrome. Fibro may be a different issue. I thought i had eagle for many yrs. turned out to be ernest syndrome that caused nerve damage bc it went undiagnosed so long

SweetC, have any of the doctors given you medications for nerve pain? Like neurontin (sp?) or the facial nerve pain meds like nortriptylin?

Glad you might have be on the right track. Best of luck

Barthoj, I also have cervical spine issues and have esophageal yeast infections and on my tongue but I also have Sjogrens Syndrome. I've read that those yeast infections comes along with SS. I have my first appt with a rheumatologist Friday so ill know for sure.

barthoj said:

I just went to my ENT, but was only able to see the nurse practitioner. She said I have a yeast infection on my tongue and my ear, neck and face pain and numbness is due to cervical spine issues. So, I guess it's off to yet another MD!!! So tired of DRS!!!!!!

Yes Heidemt, I also take neurontin

heidemt said:

SweetC, have any of the doctors given you medications for nerve pain? Like neurontin (sp?) or the facial nerve pain meds like nortriptylin?

Neurontin didn't work for me. The only medications that worked for my nerve pain were facial pain meds like nortriptyline. Oh - and baclofen worked for my glossopharyngeal neuralgia. Just in case you want to ask your doctor about those.

SweetC said:

Thx!

heidemt said:

Neurontin didn't work for me. The only medications that worked for my nerve pain were facial pain meds like nortriptyline. Oh - and baclofen worked for my glossopharyngeal neuralgia. Just in case you want to ask your doctor about those.

SweetC said:

Thank You!!