Pre-op ... hope and fears

I just want to share with you that I am finally seeing an oral surgeon tomorrow. We are to discuss my options regarding surgery as I have been suffering many vasovagal syncopes and carotid pain lately. In top of all the other delightful symptoms…

I hope that this living nightmare will soon be over. Is it really possible to have a normal life back… even after surgery?

Surgery took away my symptoms completely, most of the time. I still have occasional twinges, about 6 months out from the second styloidectomy, but I hope they'll continue to be fewer and farther between.

Overall, I do feel "normal" most of the time now. My main complaints are herniated discs, and the eagle syndrome is mostly a memory. I hope you'll feel the same way soon!

Wow… A distant memory… That sounds wonderful… I really hope for that too. Even though I know things may not be perfect. But I dream of better days right now. Thank you for sharing eagleheart.

Today I got THE phone call from the hospital saying that their surgeons have now discussed my CT x-rays and that they are most likely to offer me the ES surgery. It will be finally decided this friday where I will be talking to the surgeon again.

I am now officially on the sick list from work… And it has been a relief to admit to everyone that I am very ill. Even though … I miss my old life in every aspect.

Maybe I will now have a chance of getting it back…

Sounds like things are starting to move for you, Eagle Rose. Hopefully this will be all a memory for you soon!

thanks, yes it finally looks like there might be a different future out there for me…

I got my final ES surgery date today!! I cant believe that yet. I will make a post later as I have a couple of questions… a bunch really… but right now I am too full of thoughts to think clearly.

eagleheart said:

Sounds like things are starting to move for you, Eagle Rose. Hopefully this will be all a memory for you soon!

I hope surgery is coming soon so your distant memory time can begin!!!

Best,

Rosie

thank you Rosie :slight_smile:

Eaglerosie said:

I hope surgery is coming soon so your distant memory time can begin!!!

Best,

Rosie