Second Surgery

Hi all
I had my second surgery this week to remove the left stiloid. The right one I had removed back in May. Although it help it was still not enough. The left one had calified and they had to do a little more work. I elected to have them removed from the exterior and I’m very glad I did. Because of the extra work this time the pain is a little more but with Percocet it’s bearable. Sleep is rough right now but I’m up and about. I can already tell that this is going to work as headaches, neck pain and mobility is already better, might be the Percocet but time will tell. If anyone needs the name of a doctor in Las Vegas to help with this type of procedure let me know. He is wonderfull. The last surgery you can not see any scar and I have only minimal numbness now. Thanks for all the support this site has given me through this issue and I will check back and give updates.

Have a very Merry Christmas and a joyful New Year.

Kowens, please give me the name, address and phone of your doctor. I am trying to keep up a spreadsheet of surgeons who know about this and do successful surgeries. I rely on patients like you to post. So far, we have no surgeons listed by any members in the Nevada area. So please do give me his name and when I update the spreadsheet, I will add him.

Merry Christmas and I hope you do have a great New Year.

Hi Emma
His name is
Manthei, Scott Dr
Nevada Eye & Ear
(702) 255-6665
www.nevadaeyeandear.com
2598 Windmill Pky, Henderson, NV 89074
Cross Streets: Between Glendon St and N Pecos Rd
Neighborhoods: Green Valley North

He did my first surgery and my second. Before he did my second he tried a couple of alternative solutions to surgery. He only did the second as a last resort. So you can see he is not only a surgeon he cares. It also helps that he is plastic surgeon so he knows where and how to go about doing the right cut in the right area. My surgery was not an easy one as my stiloid was very large. I recommend him highly for anyone that is considering having this procedure. My recovery is progressing daily and I’m feeing well enough to go to work in the am. This is after only 4 days. Eating and drinking without much pain. Surgical site is tender but I would think that’s normal. Oh forgot to mention his staff is also top notch, caring and the follow through and up was great, Valery his surgery scheduler is truly amazing and patient. :slight_smile:

Thanks

Kevin