Sickness ! does anyone get this symptom?

hello everybody ! I was wondering if anyone get the feeling of sickness like you want to throw up ? I wonder why this happens !! my styloid is 4.8 cm and I can feel it protruding behind my tonsil .

I do sometimes; I put it down to that feeling of something poking in your throat.

Two thoughts: Your styloid could be poking in the area where your gag reflex exists (like when you stick your finger down your throat) &/or your inner ear could be irritated by the extended styloid which can also create feelings of nausea. The longer styloids aren't stationery. They can move around a bit which could explain why you don't feel nauseous all the time.

Isaiah 40:31

2 Likes

that makes sense Isaiah 40:31 , although I have been thinking that is maybe due to compression of the carotid artery ,because when I view my ct scan in 3d mode ( using my own software) I can see the styloid lying over the artery and kind of squashing it !! does this make sense ?

WOW! Your styloid process is fancy!! Mine right one kind of grew straight down. My left one curves in to my hyoid bone. I suspect my right one (which has been removed) was interfering w/ my carotid artery from time to time as I was having trouble w/ my blood pressure dropping during strenuous exercise. I haven't worked out super hard since surgery as my ENT said to wait 2 months before doing that. I'll be curious to see if the styloid pressing on the carotid was the cause when I resume more vigorous activity in a month. I haven't had any problems w/ feeling nauseous though. I can see why you are concerned about interference w/ your carotid artery. Are you planning to have surgery? I haven't read back through your discussions.

Isaiah 40:31

Mine grew down in right between my internal and external carotid arteries. I could feel the top of the left one in the side of my throat but not the right. Before the partial removal of my left I would almost gag every time I brushed my tongue while brushing my teeth but since the removal I don’t gag at all. Must be something to it. I still have the right side to go.

yes am having surgery don't know when ! hope the surgery helps me because I am having so much weird symptoms which don't even know if they are related! I have no quality of as now ! happy Christmas to all of you !!

Hi, how does one get there own 3d mode software thats an amazing picture.. so sorry so many are suffering, i'm trying to find a decent picture and help as my jugulars are crushed and a recent doc said its not due to styloid i beg to differ!

tiagito78 said:

that makes sense Isaiah 40:31 , although I have been thinking that is maybe due to compression of the carotid artery ,because when I view my ct scan in 3d mode ( using my own software) I can see the styloid lying over the artery and kind of squashing it !! does this make sense ?

Snappleofdiscord did a tutorial with info on this, here's the link: http://forum.livingwitheagle.org/forum/topics/making-your-own-3d-images-from-ct-scan-3d-slicer-tutorial

Hope this helps!

Thank you..

Jules said:

Snappleofdiscord did a tutorial with info on this, here's the link: http://forum.livingwitheagle.org/forum/topics/making-your-own-3d-imag...

Hope this helps!

WHOA! You have growths from both the top AND bottom of both sides. A styloid at 4.8 is difficult for anyone to argue they are anything but "elongated".
And the processes from you Hyoid bone are definitely within the ranges of "abnormal".
I'm certainly no kind of medical professional, but those are supposed to look like little bumps.

My elongation was largely from my hyoid bone (The stylohyoid ligament and muscle on my right side began to calcify superiorly and inferiorly, but apparently the top (superior) was flippin Broken at some point after the calcification! It stopped the growth from the top down, but form the hyoid up it kept growing) I had a A Lot of gagging, and nausea, and barfing which my doc blamed on the inferior calcification.

This is a pretty decent break down of the muscles that are in the area of you hyoid and styloid protrusions. Remember, the gag reflex is a sensitive thing, and upsetting it doesn't take much. Tightness or dysfunction of these muscles can be miserable.
Head and neck muscles

There's a few previous posts on here about the nerves that can be irritated by ES (a surprising number of them), and two are the glossopharyngeal nerve (which is going to mess up your tongue and swallowing, among other things) and the vagus nerve (which will mess with your gastromotility, feeling of nausea, bloating, barfing, blood sugar,desire to eat, even body temperature and sometimes heart rate)
I can find you some good medical articles on the sickness and ES, but I'll need to do it at a more reasonable hour of the day, haha.
I hope this at least gives youa few key words for more research and helps reassure you it's Not all in your head!

Growth from the hyoid end is probably calcified stylohyoid ligaments. My ligaments partially calcified & looked like dotted lines protruding from my hyoid bone in the direction of my elongated styloids.

:)

SnappleofDiscord said:

WHOA! You have growths from both the top AND bottom of both sides. A styloid at 4.8 is difficult for anyone to argue they are anything but "elongated".
And the processes from you Hyoid bone are definitely within the ranges of "abnormal".
I'm certainly no kind of medical professional, but those are supposed to look like little bumps.

My elongation was largely from my hyoid bone (The stylohyoid ligament and muscle on my right side began to calcify superiorly and inferiorly, but apparently the top (superior) was flippin Broken at some point after the calcification! It stopped the growth from the top down, but form the hyoid up it kept growing) I had a A Lot of gagging, and nausea, and barfing which my doc blamed on the inferior calcification.

This is a pretty decent break down of the muscles that are in the area of you hyoid and styloid protrusions. Remember, the gag reflex is a sensitive thing, and upsetting it doesn't take much. Tightness or dysfunction of these muscles can be miserable.
Head and neck muscles

There's a few previous posts on here about the nerves that can be irritated by ES (a surprising number of them), and two are the glossopharyngeal nerve (which is going to mess up your tongue and swallowing, among other things) and the vagus nerve (which will mess with your gastromotility, feeling of nausea, bloating, barfing, blood sugar,desire to eat, even body temperature and sometimes heart rate)
I can find you some good medical articles on the sickness and ES, but I'll need to do it at a more reasonable hour of the day, haha.
I hope this at least gives youa few key words for more research and helps reassure you it's Not all in your head!