Surgery + note for Emma

My wife had a bi-lateral, partial styloidectomy, intra-orally + tonsillectomy this past Monday [10th]. Her pain is pretty intense ["feels like swallowing glass shards whenever I eat, drink, take pills"]. She is taking dilaudid & is still on the fentanyl patch that was initially prescribed over a year ago. The surgery was scheduled after a 6 month wait from initial contact; at that, she was able to step in as a result of a cancellation....cancer surgeries are priorized.

Emma, I've noted you with respect to the list that you have developed of reccomended surgeons for E.S. surgery. My wife's surgery was done by Dr Ian Witterick in Toronto. We know that he has done this surgery more than once before; however, we do not know about outcomes & it is too early to determine outcome here. We do know that he is the first doctor that we have been able to find in Ontario, Canada [after 2 year search] who seems familiar with eagle syndrome & its treatment. Also, his manner in dealing with my wife - respectful, attentive, engaging, forthright - inspired our confidence.

I will provide contact details here now, and will provide updates regarding my wife's progress over the next few months to hopefully substantiate his inclusion on your list. If we're lucky, my wife may provide these updates if this has resolved the vertigo she developed with computer monitors.

David

Dr. Ian Witterick, MD, MSc, FRCSC
Otolaryngologist-in-Chief
Department of Otolaryngology - Head and Neck Surgery
Mount Sinai Hospital, Joseph and Wolf Lebovic Health Complex
600 University Avenue, #413
Toronto, ON M5G 1X5
tel: 416-■■■■■■■■ Ext 8313
fax: 416-■■■■■■■■

Thanks for the update. That was a lot of surgery. Be patient, it will take weeks for her to feel better. We do hope that she will be able to tolerate computer monitors without getting vertigo. Hope that she has a complete recovery. I have already noted his name on my original spreadsheet so I do not have to hunt around through discussions to find this information. I hope it will be jewel for others in your area.

David:

Thank you for the update. My thoughts, prayers and all of my energy is with your wife during her time of healing! And you as well :) Please keep us updated with any changes and as she progresses...

Hello:

I added you for a friend request. I have a couple questions regarding this doctor...Im in the same position your wife was in before the surgury.

Kelx,

I also noticed that David posted in this discussion in March of this year:

http://forum.livingwitheagle.org/forum/topics/doctors-in-canada-ontario-anyone?commentId=6309075%3AComment%3A61228

There is also another doctor's name given as well in that discussion.