Surgery scheduled for 6/29 with Dr. Omlie

Well, some good news!
A date opened up on 6/29 and I’m scheduled!

4 Likes

That is SUPER AWESOME, tokenegret!!! I’m so glad for you. Some light in the midst of a hard time in your life. :sun_with_face: :sunflower:

2 Likes

Oh I’ve been awaiting this news! Tokenegret, this is a very short wait for you! I waited 7 mos for mine! This gives you plenty of time to prepare and assure you and your fur-baby have any help if need be. In these coming weeks, take care of yourself. Continue to have patience with Dr. Omlie and his staff…they’re doing the very best they can to climb out of the backlog they’ve been in :purple_heart:. Despite the pressures, they were all amazing! You’re in fantastic care, I assure you!

I’m so excited for you and will be anxiously awaiting your date right alongside you!

3 Likes

Great news! Not too long to wait… :hugs:

2 Likes

I’m also waiting for a surgery date with Dr Omlie , hope everything goes well for you and hopefully I won’t be far behind you

4 Likes

Yay!!! This is terrific news! So happy that you have a date! It will be here in no time :blush::blush:

2 Likes

Thanks everyone!! I’m really relieved. My best friend from college will be coming up that week to stay with me, so that will be quite nice!

3 Likes

I hope you’re doing ok with all that’s going on between your dad & your sweet dog. Been praying for you to feel peace in the midst of this storm. It sounds like your friend’s availability to help you after surgery has helped a bit to make you more peaceful. :gift_heart:

2 Likes

@tokenegret - 9 days to go, young lady! I just want you to know that despite not being fully present here that I’m thinking of you often and can’t wait to see you on the other side! You must be getting excited to start the next healing chapter!

4 Likes

You guys are amazing. I almost gave up so, so many times!

Thanks so much for your support, hoping when my eyesight normalizes I can pay it forward. :heart:

2 Likes

You’re surgery is under a week now!! WOO HOO! I’m expecting great things for you. So glad you have a friend who’s coming alongside to help you post op!

1 Like

OK - this is SO weird. The only contact I’ve had with Omlie’s office so far is an automated call requesting I update my information. I did this.
I’ve had no pre-op instructions, I thought for some reason they were going to schedule my covid test at one of their facilities and discovered I was wrong about that so got one at Walgreen’s today (only hoping it’s back in time!!)
It’s Wednesday, but I don’t know what time to be there. I’m assuming I shouldn’t eat or drink after midnight tomorrow but… who knows? Maybe I should have a tequila party! (just kidding)
I can’t get through to anyone in his office.

1 Like

Turns out there was a communication issue. It’s all good - and not their fault.

2 Likes

Still scary for you!! I hope they’ve updated you about your pre-op protocol, time, etc.! Kind of last minute I’d say!! Glad it’s so soon though.

:hugs:

They did - it was partly my fault. They had offered to wait for me to contact them until after I found out if I would need to be at my father’s funeral. Between his recovery, my pupper’s close call and trying to find a new house - well, I called but I was calling the wrong number.
We all got on the same page today, and I’m scheduled for 7:30 AM Wednesday!

My friend from college is here, and between ya’ll and her and my other friend I feel incredibly lucky and excited!
(Even if I have to be at the hospital at 5:30 AM) :slight_smile:

4 Likes

Being the first surgery is THE BEST!! That means getting to have Dr. Omlie operate while he’s fresh & not tired from doing other surgeries; you get to go home sooner, and best of all, it means you don’t have to starve till sometime in the afternoon while you wait for a later surgery!! :rofl:

3 Likes

Best wishes, glad you’ve got it sorted! :hugs:

3 Likes

So happy everything got sorted out for you ! Wishing you the best! You got this!!!

3 Likes

Good luck today, hope it all goes well and recovery is quick and easy :heart::four_leaf_clover::heart::four_leaf_clover:

3 Likes