One week post-op from my second successful surgery by Dr. Samji and doing GREAT!

I had my second revision surgery by Dr Samji one week ago. I am doing great. My very unusual nerve pain is much better. wow - I may be "done" with Eagles.

Thank god i found Dr Samji. He really saved me - my pain was getting so bad that I felt like I was at the end of my rope.

The incision site is sore, which is to be expected. But I'm feeling good. I stayed in California for 5 days and flew home on Saturday. I plan to go back to work a week from today. Now I'm just home resting. I went to a birthday party yesterday and then went grocery shopping and felt fine.

I want to encourage people to travel to see one of the doctors who have experience doing Eagles surgeries. I am very impressed with Dr Samji. I think he is a very capable surgeon. He is also learning a lot about Eagles. I recommend him highly.

I also wanted to add that it was great meeting TexasNani and her husband. we met and had lunch the day before our surgeries. What a nice couple. And her husband even picked me up at my hotel and brought me to the surgery center for my surgery. It was really wonderful to get to know them

Awesome, Merry Christmas or Happy Holidays. Hoping your New Year is truly fantastic.

:slight_smile: I’m glad you doing good. It was a placer to meet you.
I’m still having ear preassure not sure if it is normal,maybe cause swelling?

i had surgery nov 22 i feel real good but i still have some swelling numbness and little ear discomfort when my neck swells …just taking one week at a time…still doing occasional ice and 2x a day advil. and throat gets irritated when use alot :slight_smile: hey this is a time thing,took time to get there and time to get out and time to heal/>

TexasNani said:

:slight_smile: I’m glad you doing good. It was a placer to meet you.
I’m still having ear preassure not sure if it is normal,maybe cause swelling?

Nani, maybe. I think the swelling will take a while to completely go down.

TexasNani said:

:) I'm glad you doing good. It was a placer to meet you.
I'm still having ear preassure not sure if it is normal,maybe cause swelling?

Yay!!!! Oh, I am SO happy for you. This news is phenomenal! I really thought that your strange nerve symptoms would be related. It's crazy all of the unique symptoms this one condition can cause. I'm so glad you got help, and I'm glad you've let us all know how great Dr. Samji is. I'm moving to CA soon, and I'm glad that if I ever need additional surgeries I won't have to travel to the opposite coast of the US.

Keep us updated, Heidemt. I really hope the news just gets better and better!

Hi heidemet,

That's amazing that you are feeling a difference already! So exciting the possibility of being "done" with ES!!

I agree completely.......Dr. Samji is a great surgeon. He did my surgery on the left side ( 7 weeks ago). Still have the right side to do and am counting down the time. :)

Take care,

Sheila

Thanks everyone for the kind thoughts. The thought of being done with Eagles after 4 surgeries is so exciting. The thought of being done with pain is hard to believe too.

Hey Ms. Hawaii! how you deeling. isn't the idea of no pain amazing.

Hi. Well, I guess I spoke too soon. I'm healing well from the surgery and don't even take tylenol anymore. But I guess I was hoping and expecting the rest of the right styloid was causing the rest of this weird nerve pain so I was really expecting the pain to be gone. But once I was back at work and not laying around my friend's place in SF or my place here, it was evident that the pain was still there.

I'm glad Dr Samji agreed to do the surgery because there was no way to know if the rest of the right styloid was involved unless it was taken out. I really appreciate that he was willing to try it. I did have some Eagles type pain still on the right side and that's gone now, so that was good, because that would most likely have continued to get worse. So I'm very glad I had the surgery, but of course disappointed that the cause of my unusual nerve pain is still elusive.

It is so nice to hear so many positive experiences with Dr Samji! I traveled out of Texas and very thankful I chose him. He removed my left styloid on 11/25 and I will see him on 1/21 for follow up. My left side feels good. I can tell the difference with my left and right side. I am hoping he can help me with my right styloid. I know if its possible he will!!:).

I don't know about anyone else, but when I tense my neck and back, I get some pain sometimes to my neck and ear. It goes away when I rest, take muscle relaxers or use ice or heat, usually ice. I think it is due to cervical or thoracic disk degeneration. I also have real problems with the lumbar region and will be getting an epidural soon. Hope it helps and if it doesn't, I hope it will give the doctor more information on what is or is not going on.

This is encouraging to hear. I have an appt with Dr Samji in two weeks for the left styloid. He removed the right styloid in 2011. I hope that I can this one removed too. The dull pain under my jaw is increasing and I feel dizzy when I turn my head down and to the right. Having this anomaly has been frustrating and having this place to share is so important. I’ll keep you posted. Thanks everyone!

Heidemet,

Give it more time. So hope your nerve pain goes away. Good luck.
Sending positive healing thoughts.
Polly

Hi Polly,

Sorry to hear it is getting worse :(

Happy to hear you have your appt to get it checked out.

I told him that one about turning my head down and to the right and feeling like I was going to pass out within seconds. He told me it was because of the left one and it kinda surprised me but I trusted him and he was right. I still have trouble with turning my head the other way but still have the other one to go. (and am working on the VOR stuff.....Thanks for posting the info on it :)

I will be surprised if he doesn't suggest taking it out.

Hoping he can help you and that you get relief :)

Take care,

Sheila

polly said:

This is encouraging to hear. I have an appt with Dr Samji in two weeks for the left styloid. He removed the right styloid in 2011. I hope that I can this one removed too. The dull pain under my jaw is increasing and I feel dizzy when I turn my head down and to the right. Having this anomaly has been frustrating and having this place to share is so important. I'll keep you posted. Thanks everyone!

Hi Heidemet,

I agree with Polly. Nerves can take a long time to heal.

Praying it gets better for you :)

Take care,

Sheila