Surgery

So today Met with my surgeon he told me how how he was going to do the surgery, I was shocked that he said he is going to do the surgery through my mouth, first take out my tonsils and go from there, has anyone else had the surgery like this before??? If so how were you after the surgery ect…? Thanks

Yes. I just had it done a week ago and it really wasn't that bad. I had it done out of Hoag Hospital in Irvine California. I can only eat soft cold foods for two weeks. That is the hard part no eating:( But with mine the bone was so calcified and very long (he took out 5cm which is about 2 inches) and went in the get the rest but it fell into a pocket. If the pain doesn't go away in a week they may have to make a small cut into the my neck to pull the part that is in a pocket. This is not a easy surgery for a doctor to do and if it is really long they have to cut it out in piece's. I'm not worried if it stay's in their because it is just a calcified bone that the body will break down over time. The swelling around my neck is almost gone. But you will be in pain the first week. Just find some good books or movies and sleep!!!! I hope this helped.

I had both sides done this way. There was instant relief, other than the expected yuck from surgery. Just take care of the throat during healing. I know that removing the tonsils also aided tremendously in the healing, they were nasty. It just takes awhile for your throat to regain its 'solidness', I felt like I had mush/mucous. Everybody responds differently of course. But this technique, I believe, is the least traumatic and fastest healing; I have had my share of surgeries, and this by far was the least troublesome.

Pamcakes,

I'm trying to update Emma's list of doctors. Who is your doctor? Do you know if he/she has experience with Eagles?

Thanks!

Pamcakes said:

Yes. I just had it done a week ago and it really wasn't that bad. I had it done out of Hoag Hospital in Irvine California.

Thank you so much for that I feel a lot more confident :slight_smile:

heidemt said:

Pamcakes,

I'm trying to update Emma's list of doctors. Who is your doctor? Do you know if he/she has experience with Eagles?

Thanks!

Sorry this site is really hard to go into for me. The doctor I had was Dr. Christopher Yian with Orange County Ear, Nose, and Throat. His number is 949-679-9000 and yes he has experience with Eagles and knew all about it when I first went in to see him. Looked at my CT scan that afternoon with the doctor who did the CT and called me the same day to tell me how he was going to do it. Very nice and will take his time with you and call you at home if he needs to. Hope that helped.

1 Like