Turns Out I Have Covid and Have to Reschedule My Surgery

I’m absolutely devastated. I don’t know for sure, but I assume I will be canceling my surgery on Monday. I’m waiting to hear back from Dr. Hackman’s office. Covid is making my pain so much worse and I thought I would finally be on the road to recovery. It took so much to be able to have childcare so my husband could go with me. Not to mention the cost of changing my flight again. So much stress and anxiety of waiting to have the surgery. I’m really heartbroken. I know it’s not delayed forever, but this has been making me sick for years at this point. And all the hope of what symptoms might go away is delayed.

At least I hope someone might be able to benefit from my cancelation. If anyone is on Dr. Hackman’s waitlist and is flexible with their schedule or local, I hear Monday is open.

1 Like

DRATS!! I’m so sorry this has happened to you! I will hope & pray that if a new date needs to be set, arranging childcare & other things will be a “piece of cake” at that time. I hope you heal quickly & your flared symptoms calm back down very soon. :hugs: :pray:

1 Like

I am SO sorry to hear this! Prayers that covid leaves quickly or that they can reschedule you quickly and things flow smoothly. Thinking of you!
And as Isaiah mentioned in another post, lots of vitamin C and zinc… we also added quercetin and a xylitol nasal spray (Xlear) to our arsenal during covid.

3 Likes

Oh no, I’m so sorry, what rubbish timing! I hope that you get over this quickly…I don’t know what the protocol is for how long you have to leave surgery for after symptoms start, hope you hear back from Dr Hackman’s office soon…VitC & VitD is good for Covid I believe.
How kind of you to think of other members who might be able to benefit from your cancellation.
Hugs to you & take care of yourself :hugs:

2 Likes

Thank you for the support, I really felt like crumbling yesterday and seeing everyone’s messages helped. Looks like I’ll be getting in on March 18th. My mother-in-law thinks she can help. My husband said if she can’t we’ll just pack up the kids and all go. Now it’s time to fight with Delta to see if I can get my plane ticket exchange price lowered. It’s a $500 difference. :exploding_head:

2 Likes

Thank you for the support! They were able to get me in a month from now so not too bad.

I have my saline nasal spray and I’ve been taking airborne and drinking elderberry tea. I’ll have to look into quercetin, I feel like I keep hearing about it.

2 Likes

When I talked to Marcela unfortunately my positive test was too close. But she as able to get me in about a month from now so not too bad. I do hope someone was able to scoop us the appointment.

2 Likes

Take care of yourself, hope that MIL can help with the children for your new date, and glad that it’s not too long away :hugs:

2 Likes

I am so sorry this happened. Hard to find a silver lining but a month out as you said is doable and best not to have surgery when your body is additionally compromised.

Having what I think for me and perhaps all has been significant inflammation caused by our condition, it doesn’t take much for me to start feeling worse pretty quickly with a cold or whatever.

Crossing fingers and toes that you feel well quickly and the four weeks pass without incident.

3 Likes

Thank you. I agree I am very lucky that they were able to get me back on the schedule so soon.

2 Likes