2 Days Till Surgery...all Advise & Reminders Welcome

That does sound yummy! I’ll have to try it! :slight_smile:

It does sound yummy! I am gluten and dairy intolerant so my husband has been blending coconut milk with banana blueberries and frozen mango For protein instead he adds Muscle Milk

I like Vega One protein powder. It’s all plant based & a little pricey but comes in a variety of great flavors. Costco sells a less expensive version of Vega in Vanilla.

Forgot to say that I also stay away from gluten & dairy, but I use almond milk. :slight_smile:

I am recovering pretty well. I started back to work on Monday and it was rougher than I expected [high school teacher]. Mostly prickling jaw and some fire in my neck…but I am pretty sure this is just part of the nerves awakening from the block and the stitches in my neck muscle.

I hope that it soon settles down, don’t envy you your job as a high school teacher, you obviously have to use your voice a lot!

seamom - There’s a good chance you’ll feel nerves “waking up” for many months. I had numbness along my jawline for quite awhile after my first & second surgeries. When those nerves began to wake up, the sensation I had was “cold”. My face was warm to the touch but the nerve feeling was like my skin was cold. Very odd. The first side has returned to full feeling. The second side is still a little numb but I don’t even notice. I’m just so thankful that most of my pain is totally gone!!

Did either of you get ear aches post op? I’m getting them and didn’t get them prior to surgery.

No- hopefully it’s the nerves irritated, and they’ll settle. I was the opposite- I had a lot of ear ache and now it’s gone. I think all of us have had strange aches and pains after surgery- have you had first bit at all?

I was thinking it was swelling…ice pack seems to resolve it for awhile. My jaw is more sore now than it was 1 week post op, but more like a tight muscle. I had a weird “broken glass” like crunchy noise and touch the first 2 days after surgery but the surgeon said it was just from anesthesia. Anyways it is gone now.

I had earaches intermittently while healing. I think it’s just part of the internal inflammation that occurs post op. As Jules said, probably just nerves that will settle down over time. Give yourself a good 2 months for complete healing (& longer for nerve type pain/numbness).

The fact that ice seems to temporarily help does point to the basis of the problem being inflammation.