Anyone have debilitating migraines?

I havent found many who complain of migraines... I was wondering how many experience this as well as lymph swelling, throbbing neck. If so, what do you do for the pain? I cannot take care of kids when I get a flare up of migraines. Ive had this flare up going on 3 weeks. I have maybe one or two days that are good. Then BAM.

Ive been trying to lower the inflammation in the body by cooking with Cummin and Tumeric powder. I also use Essential oils to help take the edge off my migraine. I thought going to the chiropractor would help...it does for a few days. Any help or suggestions would be great.

Icy hot i rub on neck head i take benadryl and motrin 800 togather and ice. I walk around with ice bag on my head. I understand i have 9 kids get those head acks. It hard!

I don't have bad headaches, but I do get headaches most everyday. More like a very light pressure headache. So no help there. But I do know how difficult it can be to cope with life when your in pain, especially with children. I'm 25, the oldest of 14 children (I have 9 brothers and 4 sisters) and we are all still happily at home with our parents. We're always busy and there's always lots to do, so sometimes keeping up is hard. But I've learned to just do what you can and learn NOT to add more then what you can handle to your already full plate.

And as Gods Blessing said, I have had a message with icy hot/vicks, it was SO nice. But I don't know if that would help with a bad headache, but then again, I had the message done when I had a concussion this past May and it was a BAD headache, so it might help.

I don't mean to be noisy, but do you really have 9 blessings Gods Blessing? Its so neat to run into other large families! :)

Gods blessing said:

Icy hot i rub on neck head i take benadryl and motrin 800 togather and ice. I walk around with ice bag on my head. I understand i have 9 kids get those head acks. It hard!

I was wondering what effects the beandryl has when you take it with the motrin. I do the ice and have used essential oils as well.

Gods blessing said:

Someone (I think on here) mentioned magnesium, either as a supplement or topical to help with migraines- I suggested this to a friend who suffers a lot with migraines, and it seems to be helping!

Jules,

Does your friend complain of constipation due to the magnesium?

Jules said:

Someone (I think on here) mentioned magnesium, either as a supplement or topical to help with migraines- I suggested this to a friend who suffers a lot with migraines, and it seems to be helping!

She's not mentioned it.... can be a common side effect of a lot of medication though. I recommend dried figs!

Im still waiting to hear back to see if I can get another ct scan done since mine was done 2 years ago.... :( I hope tomorrow brings better news

Hope so too for you- it would be interesting to compare the two, see if there's any changes. Let us know how you get on!

I sure will Thank you!

Jules said:

Hope so too for you- it would be interesting to compare the two, see if there's any changes. Let us know how you get on!

It's interesting that you asked the question about constipation due to magnesium use since magnesium citrate is a super laxative and natural calming agent. I always assumed magnesium itself played the most significant role in those side effects, but it must be the complete compound that does the trick.

kcannady said:

Jules,

Does your friend complain of constipation due to the magnesium?

Jules said:

What essential oils do you use & how do you use them? I tried peppermint & rubbing it on the back of my neck to increase alertness but it didn’t do much. I am curious what oils help with pain?

M-grain Ive used. It def takes the edge off but doesn't take migraine away. I recently heard if you put Thieves in the roof of your mouth it instantly take the pain away.

BeachGirl said:

What essential oils do you use & how do you use them? I tried peppermint & rubbing it on the back of my neck to increase alertness but it didn't do much. I am curious what oils help with pain?

I have gotten migraines even before the Eagles diagnosis but some real lousy ones at night currently if I lay wrong on my left side. I have learned that if I get the throbbing in my ear or back of my head, I have to change positions or it will become a bad headache. I take 2 aspirin and an ibuprofen and caffeine. I also have a prescription For Imitrex if it is really bad. Ice on the back of my head helps. For my Eagles pain, I use an essential oil by Doterra called Past Tense that works great at night for settling the pain down and helping me sleep. It comes premixed in a roller bottle and lasts quite awhile. It has peppermint, spearmint and several other oils in it. I hope to have more time to experiment with other oil blends in the near future to see what recipes I can come up with. I tried another Doterra product that is a cream…I can’t remember the name, but that did not help much. Best wishes!