Bilateral Intraoral post op day 5

Hi guys! It’s been a few days of healing and thought I’d give an update. Feeling a lot better in the swelling department. I am currently taking Celebrex (already take this for arthritis/Endometriosis pain) but it’s like my IBUPROFEN, prednisone, anti nausea pills and weaning off narco with extra strength Tylenol. Still icing and taking nap/rests. Still not doing chores or child care thanks to hubby. I am sitting up for much longer and plan to take first car ride with family and dogs on a raining day today. Gotta get outta this house. I’ve taken tiny walks in the yard for movement since my second day. I can’t lay long due to arthritis unfortunately. I feel pretty good considering. I did have a bad dry, tight throat last night that kept me up coughing and drinking water, which led to frequent bathroom trips so not much sleep. Still on liquid diet but feeling ready to try out a soft food. I also have been taking my regular fiber and probiotics and added a stool softener which has been saving my stomach. I have had ear pain with swelling and headaches on and off but nothing too extreme. Some muscle pain in neck and shoulders which today feels a bit better. I am actually glad I got it done in one surgery so I hope this works! Fingers crossed. Will update in a few more days. Good luck to all of you still waiting!

2 Likes

Thank you for your update, Dannib! I’m so glad to hear about the progress you’ve made in recovery. I hope your car ride today was a refreshing change. Taking those short walks is great for stimulating circulation which also helps w/ healing. The pain you’re experiencing is pretty typical for the first few weeks after surgery, but you will notice it happening less often & with less intensity as the days go by. The best advice I can give you is don’t jump back into life at a run when you do feel better. You need to ease in slowly as overdoing too soon will cause pain to flare again.

What a fabulous hubby you have for helping you so much. Give him lots of hugs & tell him thank you from me!

1 Like

Thank you I will definitely take your advice on that. I am very lucky to have a great supportive husband! Quick question I didn’t add in the update (just forgot) but having trouble currently with tons of sinus and mucus and causing the coughing. Is this something you experienced at all? First few days I’d cough or blow my nose and bloody chunks would come up and I figured it’s post surgery blood coming out but now I feel overloaded with sinus and the coughing is painful.

I personally didn’t have the sinus/mucus issue, but we do have members who definitely went through what you are after surgery. More often it happens before surgery. I bet coughing does hurt at the cough is most likely due to post nasal drip from the sinuses so if you can get that to dry up, the cough may resolve. If your sinuses don’t clear & your cough begin to resolve in the next couple of days, I’d call to see if there is an OTC medication you could take to help.

1 Like

Sounds like you’re doing really well so far! Hope that the change of scenery was good, & glad you’re being looked after. Gentle hugs :bouquet: :pray: :hugs:

1 Like

I used to Claritin every night before bed before surgery. Maybe time to get that going again. Also noticing a big stitch right at back of throat that is causing a serious tickle so maybe that is contributing. Thanks for the reply’s.

1 Like

Yes thank you! Windows down and the dogs and kiddo loved it. Haven’t left the house in 5 days.

2 Likes

Eek, don’t envy your that, intra-oral stitches must be so annoying!

2 Likes