Celebrating milestones

I had intraoral surgery about a month ago and all of a sudden today found that I could open my jaw all the way, which I have not been able to do since the procedure. YAY! I am walking around opening and closing my mouth now like a hand puppet in celebration. Am grateful to have this group that I know will understand my excitement.

4 Likes

SO AWESOME!! :clap: :clap: :clap: :partying_face: Just be careful not to overdo!! You don’t want to set yourself back. :roll_eyes:

Lovely,! Yes, we do understand; being able to eat a toffee & nuts were big things for me!
Hope you keep on healing well!

1 Like

Thank you Isaiah and Jules for appreciating the event!

2 Likes

That’s such good news! Sounds like you’re progressing and even better things are to come :pray:t2::rainbow:

2 Likes

My surgery is feb 4 and I can’t wait. I am in so much pain I can’t describe it. I know all of you can relate. It’s mind boggling that I can function at all but I am. I hope this will end after surgery.

2 Likes

Will add you to my prayer list, hope that the time passes quickly for you…

Can anyone tell me what to expect after surgery. Will I need pain meds. Also I won’t be able to eat solids for a week. What did you all do?

If you search for ‘what to expect after surgery’ it will come up with lots of discussions about recoveries. I couldn’t open my mouth wide, nor chew very easily for a week or 2 after surgery, but was able to swallow pain meds. Are you having intra-oral or external surgery? For intra-oral surgery, the tonsils are often removed, so recovery is similar to a recovery from tonsillectomy as an adult. Lots of ice, smoothies & soft foods, plus sleeping semi upright will help. You can also search for a ‘surgery shopping list’ one member wrote with suggested stuff to get ready.
Have you got a date?

My surgery is feb 4. Thank you for responding. I am freaking out about the pain medication because I am in recovery. But t I intend to use it because I know I can’t handle the pain. I’m already in so much pain I can’t imagine it being even worse.

Not too long to wait…hang in there, thinking of you, & gentle hugs. Will add you to my prayer list for your op :pray: :hugs:

I’ve put your surgery date on my calendar as well, Jodi, & will be praying for you, too. Your pain will be different after surgery & hopefully much of what you’re currently experiencing will go w/ the styloid(s)!
:hugs:

Thank you so much. You all have been so helpful