Day two - Post op surgery with Dr. Hackman

Hi everyone - I flew home today. My friend picked me up from the hospital, I stayed over her house and she drove me to the airport. My sister flew to Raleigh on Sunday morning to fly back with me :heart:. I didn’t need the wheelchair assistance. My sister carried my bags and I was fine walking. The flight was fine but I was very swollen by the time we landed. Relaxing now after a long day. Definitely overdid it. I started the prednisone this morning and have been icing. I felt so much better after they took the drains out yesterday before I left the hospital.

I have some temporary paralysis around my mouth. My right eye is almost able to fully close and my left eye hasn’t been blinking so much. I look like I was in a bar fight lol.

My head feels so naturally light. no heaviness and no styloid in the way when I move my neck. The upper neck pain and occipital pain are pretty much gone. The tinnitus is still there…worse with swelling. I know if that’s from Eagles it will take time to go away. My TOS symptoms are also gone. My left side is more swollen and my right side has twinges of pain sneaking back in with the swelling. I know it takes time :-). Here are some updated pictures.
IMG_0257
IMG_0258
IMG_0259

5 Likes

You look really great after a day of travel, @Danielle1! Thanks for letting us know you’re home safely. The ice & prednisone will go far toward helping to keep you comfortable. Now that you’re home spend the next few days resting. That’s the best thing you can do for a faster recover.

Im so glad you’re noticing more improvement today. Some of those symptoms may come back for a bit but hopefully, in the end, they’ll all go away for good! :pray:t3::hugs:

3 Likes

Wish you well!

3 Likes

Glad you’re home safely! You look a bit battered but not bad at all considering you’ve had both sides operated on & then have flown home! Take it easy now, look after yourself, God bless

2 Likes

Glad your home! I kept thinking you flew home today sorry about that. That great you didn’t need the assistance at the airport there was no way I could’ve walked all that much. I was way too woozy. Glad your sister was able to come and fly back with you ! Please be sure to rest and ice like ice like you never have before. 15 minutes on 45 off. I was doing a bit more on m than that but that’s just me. Ice was the only thing that made me feel better. Thanks for keeping us posted. I continue to keep you in my prayers for as speedy recovery as possible.

3 Likes

I love this icepack! Other than the meds it’s the only thing that’s helping me to feel better.

3 Likes

I’m so glad you are finding it as helpful as I did ! That thing was my go to!

3 Likes