Now I’m losing my dog

Got surgery, had to move, dad got cancer, mom died and now my doggo has cancer and I will be saying goodbye on Monday.
The last 3 months have been absolutely horrible.

Definitely not what you needed right now, @tokenegret!! I AM SOOOO SORRY!! I’ve been through cancer w/ two dogs (siblings). I know how hard it is to make the decision about when “it’s time”. For a year after the second one was gone, I would step in my front door after being out & expect them there to greet me. I am heartbroken for you. :sob:

I wish I could come give you a hug in person & cry with you. :hugs:

3 Likes

Im so sorry to hear all this. How devastating each situation alone is, but all together… All I can say is do what you can to stay strong, even if its crying through a box of tissues and talking to someone who will just plain listen and let you grieve.

Keeping you in my thoughts and prayers. The road won’t be easy, but you will get through each storm.

4 Likes

So sorry, what an awful time you’ve had…was just thinking of you this morning & was going to message to see how things were. Sending you a hug, and will be thinking of you tomorrow, a horrible thing to have to do. Wish there was something I could do to help :cry:
Hugs and prayers for you :hugs: :pray:

3 Likes

It’s really a bit much. I don’t know how I’m going to get through this.
Thank you all for your support.

Baby steps, @tokenegret. Know that you you are deeply cared about & are being prayed for by your friends here. Please talk to us whenever you need to. We are listening :hugs::pray:t3::heart:

2 Likes

He went peacefully this afternoon. I am not so peaceful. I’ve not been without a dog my entire life, excepting a few years at university.

The vet was very good, and cried with me.
I feel I picked the right time, he may have made it another week or two but he was in danger of rupturing his spleen. This way it was peaceful and he had a decent walkie, a cheese burger and custard for breakfast.

I broke the cardinal rule of dog lovers - never have just one. Solo was highly reactive to other dogs and smart enough to get around barriers I’ve used before in a multi dog household.

He was a singleton, and just did not like other dogs.

It’s been a rough year. Thank you all for supporting me beyond and above what the official mission of the group is.

1 Like

I’m tearing up as I’m thinking about your day & how hard this has been for you, @tokenegret. Again, I’m so sorry! I hope that when you’re ready, there will be another doggy friend(s) welcomed into your home who will bring you companionship & joy. :hugs: :gift_heart:

2 Likes

So tough for you, hang on to the fact that you did your best for him & he had a good meal…when we had our last dog put to sleep, the vet was able to come to our house, I fed our girl sausages and chicken as she went, it was a bit of a comfort…I’m crying for you too :hugs: We’re here for you…

3 Likes