Surgery in a week

Great that you’ve got a date!
There’s lots of info all about surgery & what to expect in the Newbies Guide section: ES Information- Treatment: Surgery , and also some links to members post-op stories. Everyone is different, so bear that in mind, & also different surgeons have different operating methods so that can affect things too. (I had 2 surgeries with the same doctor, & recovery was different for both!).
There’s a few things it’s helpful to get ready beforehand- extra pillows, a wedge and/ or V shaped pillows as keeping propped up will help with swelling, & also you might find it difficult to chew to start with, so a blender to make your own smoothies and ingredients for those & soft foods is good.
Surgery shopping list
Here’s a surgery recovery story:
Are there any saxophonist or wind musicians out there?
I’m sure your doctor will have an idea about which painkillers are best, again that varies, some need them for a bit, I only took them for the first day & was then fine with paracetemol after that. But keeping up with them is a very good idea so that you don’t get in too much pain.
Recovery also varies- I found turning my head too much was painful for the first few weeks, so didn’t feel confident to drive for at least 3 weeks, but the second surgery was easier, I was driving after 2 weeks. Having to use your voice alot as a teacher is probably going to be the hardest thing for you; Seamom who did the surgery shopping list is also a teacher, so you could private message her to find out her experience. (she’s not on here now, but hopefully would respond to a message).
Isaiah has posted some very helpful advice in a couple of recent discussions which will be helpful:
Here we go...I have a surgery date!