Eagles Syndrome Project

Hello all!

I have posted on this forum ages ago when I was first diagnosed with Eagles Syndrome. I have been categorized as 'non-operable' due to close proximity of the temporal vein. Maybe if I find the right surgeon, I could get 'fixed' but for now, I deal with it.

Anywho, the reason for my posting is to ask you guys for some ideas. I am currently taking an Anatomy and Physiology class in college and we're making posters on various diseases or whathaveyous on the body systems we are learning this term. One body system we covered was the skeletal and I chose my poster to be on Eagles Syndrome. I've found many great peer reviewed articles on our library database but I'm looking for anything more you guys might have on the subject; cool pictures, radiographs, stories. I also am having a hard time finding a decent biography of W.W.Eagle, the Otorhinolaryngologist whom this is all named from. I find bits and pieces but nothing more in depth.

Anything anyone can contribute would be awesome, I will give credit where credit is due and I'll even post a picture of my finished poster for anyone interested :)

Thank you for your time!

Nice to see you again, June! I'm so sorry that they diagnosed your eagle syndrome as inoperable. Maybe you'll find the right surgeon and get those styloids out eventually.

I wish I had something to contribute for your assignment, but I just wanted to say, "good for you" that you're choosing this topic. We need all the "press" we can get. I can't wait to see your poster!

Nice to see you too! :) My case is not as severe as I some unless I go overboard on sweets/peanut butter and dairy. Then I feel some swelling.

It's ok, I just wanted to see if there was anything I was missing, some new information, websites or news on the subject I can use. I can't wait to get the poster finished, my instructor is excited to learn about my topic :)

eagleheart said:

Nice to see you again, June! I'm so sorry that they diagnosed your eagle syndrome as inoperable. Maybe you'll find the right surgeon and get those styloids out eventually.

I wish I had something to contribute for your assignment, but I just wanted to say, "good for you" that you're choosing this topic. We need all the "press" we can get. I can't wait to see your poster!

I can't wait to see it, either. :)