Had surgery on left side July 8th

Had surgery at Cleveland Clinic with Dr Joseph Sharpf and I had a hard time for the first week and 1/2 but as soon as I woke up I could tell all the nerve pain that went around my head and down my left side is gone. He did triple the time on my recovery restriction after the surgery as he put it that it was very calcified.

I am much better now and amazed to not have the constant pain that no one could tell me what caused it. Makes you crazy not knowing what is causing the pain or if you will ever get rid of it.

Did you have intra-oral or extra-oral surgery? I had extraoral on 7/17/14, so it's been a little less than week. I had no idea how much pain there would be. Are you still on prescription pain medication? If not, when were you able to stop taking them?

What lovely news, DJ. Thanks for sharing!

That is great news DJ. Can you share what symptoms are gone? Would love to know. My son is finally scheduled for the third week of August. I would like as much information about the symptoms and post-surgical recovery as you are willing to share.

FANTASTIC,,,,

sounds about like my story,,(and several others on here)

besides not having the pain that haunted me for 14 years,,, I was most relieved to finally know that there was actually something wrong and it could be fixed....

all the local doc's were scratching their heads and when they cant figure out what is wrong, they start throwing the depression pills and start hinting that you are making all this stuff up....

with that said,,, don't feel bad or hesitate to throw a big "I TOLD YOU SO" their way....

I had the extra-oral and I have quit taking pain pills but it is still pretty sore, but it is a pleasure compared to what I before surgery. I took the pills for a week and a half.

So Cal Char said:

Did you have intra-oral or extra-oral surgery? I had extraoral on 7/17/14, so it's been a little less than week. I had no idea how much pain there would be. Are you still on prescription pain medication? If not, when were you able to stop taking them?

Ear Mom said:

That is great news DJ. Can you share what symptoms are gone? Would love to know. My son is finally scheduled for the third week of August. I would like as much information about the symptoms and post-surgical recovery as you are willing to share.

I have no pain in my left side, before surgery I had nerve pain that went from the side of my head up around the top of my head into my left eye that was debilitating I would have to lay down until it was gone. I had major pain under my shoulder blade and down my left side and it is also gone completely.

I was telling the doc my symptoms when I first went to Cleveland Clinic and I was telling him too much because he stopped talking about Eagles surgery and want ed to send me to the neurosurgeons. So I shut up and said that I know I would benefit from the Eagles surgery. He was amazed when he did the surgery at how my styloid could have gotten that large. He did not say how large and I was in no mood to talk after the surgery. I am going to discuss more when I go back for my follow up appt.

trooper dude said:

FANTASTIC,,,,

sounds about like my story,,(and several others on here)

besides not having the pain that haunted me for 14 years,,, I was most relieved to finally know that there was actually something wrong and it could be fixed....

all the local doc's were scratching their heads and when they cant figure out what is wrong, they start throwing the depression pills and start hinting that you are making all this stuff up....

with that said,,, don't feel bad or hesitate to throw a big "I TOLD YOU SO" their way....

I wish more people would not have to have disk replacement surgery like I did and still have the pain and I went to two neurosurgeons who kept telling me I could not have that kind of pain from a disk in my neck but of course he operated and did not fix anything. I kept going back and they just blew me off and I was so frustrated I quit talking to any doctors. I got so bad that when I go to the docs now my blood pressure goes quite high just because I am so frustrated and sick of docs that just want to make money by doing as many procedures as they can. They all try to get me to take blood pressure medicine but when I leave the doc office my blood pressure is perfect.

THANKs so very much for sharing with all of us!! now HEAL!! enjoy feeling well, xo