Operation Dec 2019

Hi all
I am having intra oral right side only Thursday 12th Dec.
I will post re my recovery as soon as I am able, hopefully it will help future users with their operation.

3 Likes

We can’t wait to hear how it goes! We are here for you!

1 Like

Best wishes, hope sll goes well! Sorry, I can’t remember who’s doing your surgery? Are you all ready, got ice packs, blender, pillows, nurse?!
Let us know how you get on when you’re able, will be praying for you!

1 Like

Hi Jules
I am having my surgery done by Mr Whittet, Singleton Hospital, Swansea.
Yes, freezer stocked up, loads milky drinks, V pillow and the nurse is my hubby lol.

2 Likes

Thank you, getting nervous now ( as I woke up during lingual tonsil surgery 3 years ago) but they are well aware of my concerns this time.

Sukinsmudge,

A wedge pillow is a must also (if you don’t have one). Sleeping w/ your head VERY ELEVATED (30 degrees at least) will really help reduce post op swelling in your throat. I bought a standard wedge pillow then piled bed pillows on it to increase the angle.
Congrats on surgery soon! I will be praying too!

1 Like

This is so true. I tried to sleep without the wedge pillow for a nap and woke up super swollen!!

Praying for your surgery!

1 Like

Thank you so much, will keep you posted.

All the best to you @sukinsmudge for a great outcome and speedy recovery.
BG

Thank you, getting nervous now, but all prepared.đź–’

2 Likes

Hi all
My operation yesterday was cancelled at 10am. Waiting new date now for January, so looking forward to my Xmas dinner now :wink:

1 Like

Such a shame, it’s so hard when you’ve mentally geared up for the surgery & made all the arrangements…I guess enjoying your Christmas dinner is the silver lining in that cloud! Hope the time passes quickly before your surgery!

WOW! Such short notice, but I agree w/ Jules! Enjoy your Christmas & the dinner!!

:hugs:

Yes, thanks Jules, in a way relieved as was so nervous, but also relieved to be able to enjoy Xmas dinner.

1 Like

Thanks I Sarah.
Yes had to ring at 6.30am re bed status , they rang me at 8 to say still no bed but be going ahead and that I was first on theatre list, and rhat they would wait for me, which made me very anxious as we live 30 mins from hospital, so I was panicking about getting there, then to be rang again at 10am to say it’s cancelled.

1 Like

That’s so rotren, good old NHS! Mine was cancelled the day before, that was bad enough! Hope the day comes round soon & no more problems!

I am having my bilateral intraoral next week, I hope you can reschedule soon! I just rescheduled mine as I did not feel prepared and still had many questions to ask my doctor. I know rescheduling is very different in England. Keep us posted :hugs:

1 Like

Hi Gwendolyn
Good luck with yours and keep us up to date on your recovery. I rang really my operation today as NHS policy is if operation is cancelled on the day, they have to reschedule within 28 days, but they told me I be lucky to have it done by end March due to bed crisis. I e mailed surgeon secretary today asking if she can intervene, watch this space.

1 Like

Keep us posted!

Gwendolyn,

What is your updated surgery day?