hardware extending from C4 to C7. No evidence of suggest hardware loosening or
failure.

IMPRESSION:
There is asymmetric elongation an ossification of the right stylohyoid
ligament measuring up to 7.9 cm and length. There is a chronic appearing
fracture with a pseudoarthrosis of the ossified stylohyoid ligament
approximately 1.5 cm from the skull base

Hi Wgrannells,

That is a whopper of a styloid/calcified stylohyoid ligament. What symptoms do you have?

Getting the long section removed should help you feel immensely better.The shorter section of stylolid attached to your skull base is possibly short enough it wouldn’t be a problem unless it is causing vascular compression.

If you’re able to travel for surgery, Dr. Cognetti in Philadelphia is very experienced w/ ES surgery. Dr. Delacure is closer to you but hasn’t done as many ES surgeries. We know not everyone is able to travel to see doctors, but we do recommend seeing the most experienced surgeon possible.

Ouch, that is a very long spike in your neck!
I second what Isaiah has said about doctors, Dr DeLacure has recently moved to CT, otherwise Dr Cognetti or Dr Newman in PA.
Hope that you can get some treatment soon!

2 Likes

I wish I was able to travel but I cannot travel I have to stay in Connecticut.

Dr DeLacure has done quite a few successful surgeries & is happy to be on our list since relocating to CT, so would be worth seeing.

1 Like

As Jules said, Dr. Delacure will be a good resource for you. I hope you’re able to get an appt w/ him so you’re a step closer to resolving your ES symptoms. Please let us know if you see him. We’re here for you all along your ES journey.