Updates on Dr. Heim?

I’ve been in contact with Dr.Heim, and he provided me with a report earlier this year, in which he recommended surgery. This process was postponed, however, as he was about to change clinics, and was about to go on vacation, so he told me he’d contact me when things were in place at the new clinic. This has not happened yet.

I’m really anxious to get things moving, though, so does anyone have any updates on what’s going on? Has he started performing surgery at his new clinic?

Anything would help, thanks!

Siw-Beathe,
Norway

Hi Siw,

I’m sorry Dr. Heim left you without any further information.
I’ve posted recently about his new job:

There is also a former colleague of Dr. Heim who did ES surgeries in Solingen as Chief of maxillofacial surgery clinic at St. Lukas Hospital im Solingen, Germany. His name is Dr. Martini. Unfortunately that clinic is closing soon and I’ve no idea whether and where Dr. Martini will provide ES surgeries in future…

https://www.st-lukas-klinik.de/medizinische-zentren/zentrum-fuer-seltene-zahn-mund-kiefer-und-gesichtsfehlbildungen

3 Likes

@Benyon is having surgery in Germany this week, I don’t know if this doctor would be any good for you, here’s a link to his discussion:
Surgery scheduled for friday october 20th - General - Living with Eagle

1 Like

My surgery will be done at „Universitätsklinikum Eppendorf“ in Hamburg by Dr. Felix Blake. He has done a lot Styloidectomies before. I dont know how much all in all but alone this year (until August) he has done 10 styloidectomies, so he is very familiar with Eagle Syndrome

3 Likes

Thank you for that information, @Benyon. I’ve added him to our Doctors List.

3 Likes

Today I gave the University Hospital Bonn (where Dr. Heim worked) a call. They said that they don’t have a replacement for Dr. Heim and that they are not providing treatment for Eagle-Syndrome until further notice. That’s a pity.

3 Likes

@TheDude -

That’s very sad. I’m glad the surgeons who are still there aren’t attempting a surgery they have no experience with. It’s too bad Dr. Heim didn’t take a few of his colleagues “under his wing” & teach them how to do a good ES surgery before he left. :slightly_frowning_face:

2 Likes

I just sent in my imaging to Dr Martini and then got a letter saying they can’t schedule me because they don’t know what will be happening to the clinic - they said the clinic is insolvent. I tried contacting Dr Heim this week, but haven’t gotten a reply :frowning: I wanted to make the 2000km (round) trip on the 31st of October to see Heim as he seems to have an opening, but since he is not replying I don’t know if I should just make the appointment online and just show up :confused:
I wanted to know if I could send in my imaging in advance and get a quick reply if I should at all make the trip, if he thinks he could give some insight into my case.

1 Like

@Rozmarincek - Dr. Heim is no longer doing ES surgeries. We have a couple of members who contacted him some months ago, & he told them he’d get back to them but never did. When they emailed about follow-up, one got an email back from Dr. Heim saying he has a new medical focus & has stopped doing ES surgeries so no longer will see ES patients. We’re very sad about that.

There is another doctor in Germany who is very experienced with ES surgeries. Our member @Benyon just had his second surgery done by this doctor today.

Here is his contact information:

•Dr. Felix Blake, Kurparkallee 4, 23843 Bad Oldesloe (does surgery at Universitätsklinikum Eppendorf, Hamburg), +49-4531-893300, https://www.mkgamkurpark.de

2 Likes

I can confirm that. I was one of the patients in contact with Dr Heim. I even had surgery scheduled with him but it was delayed a few days before it was supposed to happen for unknown reasons. I tried to email him several times and also wrote him on Instagram but never got an answer.

I have to say i was very dissapointed with him especially when i first had a very good feeling seeing and talking to him, he took himself s lot of time seeing through my scans and he seemed very knowledged and experienced like no one i talked to before.

I have no clue what happened to him, to handle his patients in such unprofessional way.

There are several other surgeons in Germany that operate ES (even more frequently than Dr. Blake i think) though. Im not sure anyone has mentioned them yet?

2 Likes

Thank you for sharing this information. I removed Dr. Heim’s name from our Doctors List today so no one else would spend time trying to see him for ES. Do you have names of other ES surgeons in Germany, @Benyon? We do have a few other names on our Doctors List, but no one has mentioned any of them for awhile.

Dr Leibehenschel, Heidberg Klinik, Hamburg, Dr. Dr. Niels Bernd Liebehenschel
•Dr Andreas Schon, Bonn, UKB | Klinisches Studienzentrum MKG
•Dr Martin Kunkel, Bochum ( has done a documentary about ES, doesn’t remove to skull base, not aware of vascular ES or regrowth)

2 Likes

Heres a list of more surgeons and/or stations that have operated and treated ES in Germany.

• Dr. Martini at St. Lukas Klinik in Solingen/Germany
    Mund-, Kiefer- und Plastische Gesichtschirurgie

• Diakonie Klinikum Jung-Stilling ( Dr. Hesse )
    MKG in Siegen/Germany

• Dr. Tarik Mizziani and
    Prof. Dr. Dr. Martin Kunkel At Klinik für Mund-, Kiefer- und plastische Gesichtschirurgie /Ruhr-Universität in Bochum/Germany

• Universitätsklinikum Aachen in Aachen/Germany

• Dr. Antonios Moralis and Prof. Dr. Dr. Torsten E. Reichert at Klinik und Poliklinik für MKG-Chirurgie at Universität Regensburg in Regensburg/Germany

• Klinik und Poliklinik für Mund-, Kiefer- und Gesichtschirurgie in Munich/Germany

• Klinik für Hals-, Nasen- und Ohrenheilkunde am Standort Marburg in Marburg/Germany

• Prof. Dr. med. Karim Plath, geb. Zaoui at Universität Heidelberg in Heidelberg/Germany

• Klinik und Poliklinik für Mund-, Kiefer- und Plastische Gesichtschirurgie in Leipzig/Germany

• Prof. Dr. Stefan Plontke at Martin-Luther-Universität Halle-Wittenberg
    Universitätsklinik und Poliklinik für Hals-Nasen-OhrenHeilkunde, Kopf- und Hals-Chirurgie in Halle (Saale)/Germany

3 Likes

Thank you very much @Benyon , I’ve added them to the list!

3 Likes

How great to learn there are quite a number of ES surgeons in your country. Very helpful information!

2 Likes

Do you know if any of them have experience with shaving the c1?

1 Like

Unfortunately, I doubt that anyone does C1 shaves in Germany. My experience is that they don’t even recognize IJVS to cause problems.

3 Likes

I got an answer from Dr Nils Heim and will be doing and online consultation next week :slight_smile:

4 Likes

That’s great news @Rozmarincek! Please let us know what he tells you! It would be so great if he reconsiders & goes back to doing ES surgeries again!

1 Like

Hope you had a helpful consultation.
Did you get any new info regarding his intentions with future ES-surgeries?